Friday, August 01, 2008

the flaky goodness

My sisters are gone, and I miss them. It is altogether too quiet around here; we had a lot of magnificent adventures while they were in town. But, I must admit, it's nice to once again have a few more calm moments in which to sweep and mop my floors, roam leisurely through Target (while laughing at Garrett who is now of the habit of flirting mercilessly with every person we pass), and tie up the loose ends I let dangle while I vacationed with them in the city.

Even so, I need something to fill the gap while I wait for Blake's brother and sister to arrive for a visit next week. And what better way to do so than with a giveaway?

Hollywood Flakes, one of my all-time favorite bloggers, has spent the last several months sitting at her sewing machine feverishly creating an assortment of adorable plush creatures. (Sadly, this means that she has not spent as much time furiously filling her blog with her fabulous sense of humor. But her plush menagerie is pretty impressive, which puts me in a forgiving mood.) She's given me the go-ahead to offer a $25 gift certificate good towards anything at Flaky Friends, her etsy store. So, are you guys in?

To enter, please visit her collection, pick out your favorite, and report back in the comments section of this post. Easy as pie.

As for my favorite? Definitely gotta be this guy:


Isn't he a keeper?

So, browse the Flaky goodness and join the fun! But do it soon -- you only have until Tuesday, August 5th at midnight to enter.


-----
The Fine Print:
- You have until 11:59 PM on Tuesday, August 5th to enter.
- I will randomly select and announce a winner on Wednesday.
- Please, only one entry per person.
- Also, anonymous entries will be ignored.

21 comments:

Jillybean said...

I love everything that she makes! I do really like the bassett hound, the flying pig, the giraffe and the sheep with the mismatched eyes.
They're all cute.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

How can I choose between Lester and Baaab???? If I must choose just one, I think that it would be...Lester.

Laura Marchant said...

The elephant always seems to get my heart.

Erin Bigler said...

Oh, Bogart the camel is too cute. I hope you pick me! (Randomly of course.) :)

Zarsky Family said...

The sheep is my all time favorite!!!

Mandy said...

For me, the llama or the sheep. For my girls, the turtles.

AnnP said...

I love the giraffe. That is so cute, and it has a funny story, too.

Brn2lisn said...

All of them are just adorable. Greg the shaggy sheep is my favorite.

Mandy said...

I love the flower turtle.

Sara said...

Greg the Shaggy Sheep is my fave! ;) May have to make some for the babe...hmm...new project?

Erin said...

I am in love with Roger the Elephant! I also heart the flower turtle. What a fun giveaway!

Jessica said...

Lester the giraffe

Mallory said...

Loving Roger the Elephant and I'm pretty sure Carson would too.

Unknown said...

I love all the stripy elephants. I hope to have many things like this for my future children...not to much character branded stuff. I love that this let them make up their own stories!

KaLee said...

I love Seth the Unfortunate Elephant. I'm sure Easton would love to get that long trunk in his mouth.

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

I think these are all great. I am partial to the giraffe and the penguins, because of my girls' preferences. But really, they are all cute! Her descriptions of the animals are too funny also!

JoEllen said...

I have to say that I love Roger the Elephant. He seems a popular choice and for good reason! I love that his ears are crinkly and he has bells in his trunk! Too cute. Seriously fun give away.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Cute Suzie Porker pig. Love them!

J&Z said...

It's definitely James the Mallard for me. I won't speak for Zac.

Kelly said...

There is just something about that Rainbow Stripe Elephant ... Love him!

Kelly said...

I am all in for this one!