- The restaurant, which was our first stop, affords some pretty excellent views of the Statue of Liberty.
- Garrett does not like their macaroni and cheese kids meal (and, quite frankly, neither do I).
- The rumor is true: the Brooklyn IKEA IS the biggest around. Seriously, this place is huge!
- And they sell houseplants (which I didn't ever see at the one in Elizabeth, NJ). Yes, I bought one.
- I found lots of things I wanted to buy, but didn't. Like toys for Garrett, another bookshelf for our livingroom, a children's table, and star-shaped ice cube trays.
- I also found a few things I went there in the first place for, which I did buy. Like a glass vase for displaying my seashell collection, some basic frames to hang my bird pictures, and an apple slicer, which will come in handy this fall when apples are cheap cheap cheap.
- I am unable to get cell phone service while inside IKEA.
- When stopped to consider a certain item, the positioning of the stroller must be done with Garrett's curious hands in mind.
- And speaking of strollers, the 9th Street subway entrance for the return trip is far from stroller friendly. New Yorkers, though, never fail to come through to help a struggling young mother with her baby-and-bag load, and for that I am incredibly grateful. Still, though, I think next time we'll try taking the free water taxi.
Monday, August 04, 2008
to ikea we did go
Today Garrett and I went on our own adventure to the IKEA that just opened up in Brooklyn. We rode the subway to 9th Street, then transferred to a free shuttle bus that gave us front-door service to the big blue-and-yellow box. Here are a few things we experienced, observed, and learned:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH I love IKEA. The stores must be getting bigger and bigger. The one in Cincinnati is bigger than the one in Chicago and the one in Brooklyn must be bigger than the one in Cincy... Glad you had a good time there!
I've never been to an IKEA. Someday, I'm sure I will. I'm awfully curious, mostly because of the hype.
I love IKEA. I think I've said this before. And really, your life IS an adventure. Water taxi? Who rides those? Not me. Sounds like a good adventure to me!
Having an IKEA near by was a fun part of moving to Cincy. Oran has the wooden crane we have loved it. I would recommend it for sure.
I'd definitely go with the water taxi next time. It looks sweet. We are big IKEA fans and always have to hit it up when we're in SLC. We have the bottle shaped ice cube tray.
Glad to hear you've decided to do something with your seashell collection besides let it collect dust in a box!
Last year when Mom and I went shopping there for college type of stuff for me, I bought the star-shaped ice cube trays. I think they're fabulous. Not only do they make any drink much more appealing, but I think you could make jello in them. I haven't tried to make star-shaped jello that way, but it might work. Anyway, I think next time you go, not only should you take the water taxi, but you should buy those ice cube trays. :)
-ktln
I've never been to IKEA but I have a friend who buys most of her stuff there and I love every one of them, my favorite one is her high chair, it's a skinny one, simple, doesn't take a lot of room and of course is cool looking! One day I'll make it to Atlanta, which is where the closest one to me is :(
I'm glad you guys had fun, Loved all the items you bought!
We got Catherine a tunnel at Ikea. It was $15, and a definate favorite with Catherine and all visiting kids. Also, it is really well constructed. I would highly recommend the tunnel.
I love IKEA! I love all the baskets and such for organizing! I love a lot of the children’s items as well... like the tables and the dress up box. It’s a good thing I don’t go very often.
We love Ikea. Mostly to just hang out and look around. Once Olivia is potty trained I decided it will be the perfect date spot. Free babysitting, an inexpensive meal, and great shopping entertainment.
Lucy didn't like the Mac and Cheese at Ikea either =)
And we just invested in the $99 version of the bookshelf you linked (great minds thinking alike, right??)
Love what you did with your purchases! Especially the bird frames!
Post a Comment