Wednesday, August 27, 2008

every five minutes

It certainly seems that every five minutes I turn around and Garrett is doing something new. I feel like I just did similar post, but he's at it again, so I am, too.

In the last few days, I've been surprised by the following new tricks Garrett has learned:
  • Crawls, and gets stuck, under chairs
  • Found a special new place for his books
  • Lines his bath toys along the edge of the tub
  • Climbs out of the bathtub (um...yikes!)
  • Moves a heavy diaper pail to find, and play with, the electrical socket/cords hidden behind it
  • Points to airplanes and watches them fly across the sky
  • Stops and opens the microwave (I cannot even begin to tell you how annoying this is getting)
  • Does the actions to "Popcorn Popping" (well, only the popcorn part, but he uses two hands and participates on cue)
  • Gives excellent, though prolonged, goodbye hugs and cries appropriately at parting
  • Laughs heartily, shakes his head, and slaps his knees to demonstrate that he thinks something is funny
  • Points to what he wants (with one hand, while simultaneously grabbing for it with the other)
  • Stands alone for a few seconds and catches his falls when he loses his balance
  • Leads the way when I hold his hand for a walk around the apartment
  • Points to the baby when I show him his box of Gerber rice cereal and ask, "Where's the baby?"
And I think that's about it...for now.

5 comments:

Claudia said...

Amazing how God makes us, isn't it?
We grow so quickly, we discover things on our own and we drive our moms crazy!! ha ha ha

My favorite one was the microwave, I'm assuming your microwave is on a low cabinet or something. My son likes to close the door of the microwave when we are warming up his milk in the mornings! Which is fun b/c we only do it once a day (our microwave is on top of our stove)

Lindsay said...

Yeah, we don't have a lot of counter space, so the microwave lives on a cart which just so happens to be just within Garrett's reach when he stands on his tippy toes.

Lyndsie Miles said...

I love each amazing milestone. Though, to others they may seem small, but to a mother and father is huge and amazing to see each new accomplishment this little human you created is achieving… working toward independence!

730am said...

Okay Lindsay,
I am a school teacher - 3rd graders - in my class I have a wonderful, bright, adorable student - named Garett. I know it is only one R, however, the point is that because my Garett is fantastic I know your Garrett is, too. Teachers always relate names to particular students. After spending 180 days with my students, their names stay with me for good or bad. It's rather different, I know, but really true. "Garretts" are really great kids!

Kristi said...

How fun to experience everything with him for the first time! It's so fun to read about what's coming up for me and Kate.