Tuesday, August 05, 2008

birds and shells

This is what I did with the IKEA frames I bought yesterday:


They're hanging along the sunniest wall in our bedroom. So now my ears can wake up to the sounds of pigeons cooing on my windowsill while my eyes can be aroused by the beauty of these Charley Harper bird illustrations. I couldn't ask for a cheerier arrangement.

And this is what I did with the IKEA vase:


No more tin-can storage for the seashells I've been collecting for the last twenty years or so. They look much better prettying up my bathroom. Right now, because it's the only place to put them, they're sitting on top of the toilet. I'd much prefer that they were showcased on a little decorative corner shelf or something, since the top of the toilet is also our make-shift counter space. I suppose a decorator's job is never truly finished.

Next projects: a shadow box for Garrett's room and a few finishing touches on his baby book.

9 comments:

KaLee said...

So fun! I just love the feeling of completed projects, or half-completed projects. Really, just any progress whatsoever.

Jeremy's Jade said...

It looks fabulous! I wish I was there right now! Love you!

Kristie said...

They look like something right our os 'Simple' magazine!

Lyndsie Miles said...

Cute! I must say very well done! I love decorations that are personal! So many people decorate with decorations that don't have any personal meaning... So cute!

Kristi said...

Verrah nice. Tasteful and meaningful. I like it.

Krysta said...

Funny, I've been looking for something to put all of my sea shells in as well! And where do I keep them? In the bathroom, of course! :)

Ashley Thalman said...

shells + ikea = a dreamland.
sorry for not checking in on you as a often as i would have liked to...sounds like your summer is going along swimmingly.

Carrie said...

I love IKEA! Before we moved we made a stop there to get things that it would be nearly impossible to buy in Wyoming. Very cute decorating!

Sarah Kay said...

I'm constantly amazed at your self control. I went to IKEA this weekend and definitely bought more than I should have...and I want more! On a total random note, Olivia and I want to go the zoo with you one of these days. E-mail me about good times/days for you. She was severely dissappointed when the local free zoo didn't have elephants, and I thought, well, we can find you some elephants, babe. Let me know -