Went to the Columbus temple Friday for an evening session. Got home at 1:00 am. Long night. But definitely worth it. The Paulsen's drove AND provided road food. How we got so lucky, I might never know.
Bought an air mattress for our Thanksgiving visitors. (We're getting visitors!!!)
Bought towels for our bathroom that aren't falling apart and that ACTUALLY MATCH. Thrilling, I tell you. They're blue, in case you were wondering. AND they were on sale. I think I might be the luckiest girl ever.
Watched Conference. Or rather, listened to Conference. Turns out that you can stream the broadcast even on piddly free dial up internet. Truly, though -- what a blessing it is to intake spiritual Conference messages from your couch. Or from the pile of laundry and ironing.
Or from sewing. I worked on my quilt. It's going to pretty much be too adorable for words. AND my sister is going to machine quilt it, which will add a lovely touch. Also, the sewing machine (as well as my sewing abilities) did not go on strike while I worked, which made the whole experience pleasantly mind-numbing and relaxing.
We did, though, go to the chapel for the Sunday morning session. And that was nice. We saw our friends, Amy and Vaughn, there. With their new baby Addie. And I got to hold Addie. AND she liked me! Seriously, I'm like the luckiest girl in the world!
I talked on the phone Saturday night with my favorite cousin, Julie, and that was pretty great. It was my away-from-Utah version of Ladies Night (we chatted during Priesthood Session). Also, it was firmly established that we'll get to see her and her husband when we're lounging in the Lone Star state during Christmas.
Also talked with the fam. Heard about France. Got a little jealous. Then got over it.
Used up the last of the marshmallows and rice krispies, plus 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and a generous helping of sprinkles. Delicious.
Also delicious: the taco stuff I whipped up Saturday night. Who knew beans could be so good? I certainly didn't. Here's the dish, in case you too want to make beans more exciting:
Brown 1 to 1.5 lbs hamburger
Add 1 pkg taco seasoning
1 -2 cans chili beans
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 jar taco sauce
Serve on tacos, in taco salad, or as a frito dip. Yum.
After waiting several weeks for my turn to check out a requested CD, I am now listening to what quite possibly might be considered my newest favorite album: Eye to the Telescope by KT Tunstall. Good stuff.
Am feeling overwhelmingly lucky and happy. Hope this lasts. (After all, it's only Monday...)
2 comments:
Glad you had so many things go right recently, Lindsay! I'm jealous you get to see Julie. Maybe you can teach me to quilt someday. My sewing skills are admittedly subpar. And this from a girl whose mother was a HomeEc major!
Yeah, I'm way excited to see Julie. It'll be great. :) I'll tell her hello for you. :)
Post a Comment