Turns out they did. So we bought it. Unfortunately they also had a bunch of enticing things that we did not buy, though we not-so-secretly wished we could have. Things like...
- Chupa Chups Christmas tin
- Monogrammed coasters
- A new, nylon spatula
- A really cool space-saving, rubbery strainer
- An over-the-toilet shelf
- Click-Clack food storage containers (these are very cool, by the way)
- Heavy duty anti-mildew treatment shower curtain liner (blast these humid mildew-inducing climates!)
- A jazz album
- The 2007 edition of my favorite calendar
Because let's face it. We're dirt poor. And that's fine. It keeps us on our toes, and that's always good for some entertainment. But while I don't want to someday be swimming in pearls and diamonds, it would be nice to not have to talk myself out of buying a spatula.
PS: Oh, and by the way... Happy Halloween everybody!
1 comment:
I resisted buying a new 1/4 measure cup for a few years because I was sure that we really didn't need it. My sister once even tried to buy one for me at a dollar store and I wouldn't let her because my 1/3 cup measure would usually get the job done. It wasn't until my husband BEGGED me to just buy one for months that I finally went back to the .99 cent store to get it. Talk about picking a random battle!
But then I go to Costco and buy everything that isn't nailed down without a twinge of guilt. I don't understand why some things are so hard to justify and others hardly merit the consideration.
Post a Comment