Tonight Blake and I have been asked to go out with the sister missionaries to help teach a young investigating couple. I am excited to do this. Since moving out here to "the field," if you will, I've been blessed to be a part of many missionary discussions, one of which happened just Sunday night when a Ball State student came over with the elders to hear a discussion in our home. That was really neat. The spirit was strong, and it was nice to actually witness a person accept the fact that he was ready for change in the form of the gospel in his life.
So, yes, I am looking forward to going out with the sisters this evening.
Only there's a small problem.
The appointment is set for 7:30 and will last (if I may judge from past experiences) an hour to an hour and half. The Office is on at 8:30. You do the math.
Blake has promised me that he'll see what he can do about rigging up our VCR so that it'll record this week's episode while we're out being spiritual. Our technology is limited (i.e. we're so far removed from TiVo, that it'll take us at least 2.5 decades to catch up, only at which time we'll discover that TiVo has been taken out with yesterday's garbage), so I'm not sure if his efforts will be fruitful. We are praying that they are.
Because, I don't know about you, but there's just something routine and comforting (and not to mention relaxing) about revolving your life around a sitcom. And what better sitcom than The Office? I ask you!
So anyway, cross your fingers for us. And maybe also your toes. Because, by golly, it's Thursday, and I'm exhausted, and all I'm really asking for is the chance to put my feet up and hang out with Pam and Jim and Dwight and Michael for 30 minutes.
Also, on a very unrelated topic, I had a brilliant brainstorming session for my November Novel (yes, that's become the working title seeing as all of my creative juices are being directed toward plot development) this morning during an otherwise boring demonstration of a potential candidate for the university's new website content management system (see, doesn't that sound boring?). But I can't tell any of you yet what my brainstorming produced because I'm afraid that once I say it out loud (or type in on the internet), it will sound really stupid. Because apparently I'd much rather it sound stupid once I've spit out 50,000 words than realize it before in time enough to stop myself. (Remember, we're aiming for quantity, not quality here -- though something half-way decent would be a nice bonus.) So, yay.
3 comments:
I hear ya. The good news is that if you did miss tonight's show, it was just a rerun of the first episode of the season, which, if you truly are an addict, you've already seen.
So, Blake was successful. It required a complete a re-routing of every piece of equipment in our "entertainment center" (I use the term loosely). Basically, now our antenna is hooked up to the VCR, so if we want to watch TV, we have to have the VCR on. BUT, on the plus side, it means we now have a remote (the VCR had one, but the TV didn't) AND we can record stuff.
Only it was a little disappointing to come home from our outing with the sisters to find that it was a rerun. I fell asleep half-way through.
Oh, I love that show. I love to cringe, laugh and sigh all in one 1/2 hour.
Long Live the Office.
Post a Comment