Something wicked this way comes. . . or maybe it's just a girl in a poodle skirt driving in a car decorated with fake spider webs. . . . Um, yeah, you should pick the second choice.
Tonight is our ward's annual Trunk or Treat activity. Blake and I signed up to decorate our trunk and dole out candy to cute kids in adorable costumes (un-cute, non-adorable kids need not visit our trunk. ...Only kidding. We love you all!) I've never participated (either as a kid or an adult) in a Trunk or Treat activity, so this is a first for me. I've been looking forward to it. And I mean, come on -- I'm always looking for an excuse to wear my poodle skirt and black and white Oxfords! Halloween comes but once a year!
We weren't in-the-know enough last year to get an in with the Trunk or Treat planning committee in time to be involved in the festivities. So we bought a stash of candy and stayed at home with our front porch light on waiting for giddy, costumed trick-or-treaters to come find us. Unfortunately, we got no giddy, costumed trick-or-treaters because our apartment is located at the back end of our long, narrow apartment complex. And not only that, but we live on the back side of our building, out in the boonies. Besides, there aren't too many kids who live in our neighborhood anyway. So it was a good thing that we stocked up on candy that we both liked to eat.
So if we can't have trick-or-treaters come to us, we're going to go to the trick-or-treaters. Only problem is, the activity is scheduled to take place in the church parking lot (because I think it might be against church policy to park cars inside the building), and it's been raining buckets all. Day. (and all of last night, as well. If this continues, Muncie might be under water by the time the activity is set to start.) Hopefully the Powers That Be will let the kids go Classroom or Treating inside the church.
So here's to sugar highs for everyone! Cheers!
1 comment:
I LOVE Trunk or Treats!! I hope yours doesn't get rained out - it's by far my favorite church event of the year.
I sat at home by the door on Halloween for 5 years without a single trick or treater until I realized the joys of Trunk or Treat. Now I just do that and go to be early on Halloween.
You better post pictures of your costume!
Post a Comment