Paraskevidekatriaphobia
It means "fear of Friday the 13th," and is a specialized form of the word triskaidekaphobia, which means "fear of the number 13." How you begin to pronounce it, I'm not even going to guess. But if you're up for it, go right ahead.
Though I am not afraid of Friday the 13th (or, really, the number 13, for that matter), anyone who knows me well knows that I am not exempt from being afraid of many things. Many, many things. Here is a short list of a few of the things I've been afraid of during my life:
- Santa Claus
- Earthquakes
- Earthquake drills
- Fire drills
- Reciting the Pledge of Allegiance on the first day of Kindergarten
- Giving talks in Primary
- Spiders
- Change and new things
- That the man-eating plant on Little Shop of Horrors would eat me alive
- Talking on the phone
- The Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland
- The movie The Dark Crystal
5 comments:
Well, I know that I too was once seriously freaked out about The Dark Crystal (although I also thought it was one of the coolest movies EVER...).
Hm...I've also been terrified of calling to order a pizza, of being on my own with someone I don't know, and spiders? *Shudder!*
Current fears? Job interviews & thinking that I'll never amount to much... Hah! :^) There ya go!
At the moment...only that my water will break during Sacrament meeting...
I've taken heart that I'm not the only total weirdo who is afraid of talking on the phone. I look forward to having someone else NOT to talk to! Go weirdos!
Lizardbreath - Even though I still harbor a phobia of the phone, I'm the one who always has to call to order the pizza. But the funny thing is is that it doesn't bother me anymore. Perhaps my years working behind the scenes at 5 Buck Pizza were worth something!
EYofA - Did you survive Sacrament meeting this week?
Sarah - Hooray! I'm not the only weirdo! And I look forward to not calling you as well. :)
I was scared of Harry and the Hendersons....You're not so weird.
Post a Comment