So, after hanging out for the last two years in France, my brother, Riley, has come home from his mission. He arrived home yesterday, and we were getting to think that we might have been forgotten again out here in the hinterlands of the Midwest, until he called us this morning at 7:15 (which, for those of you paying attention to time zone differences, was like 5:15 for him...he said that all the traveling he and my parents had done in the last few days had knocked their sleeping schedules out of whack -- apparently they'd all been awake since 3 or 4 in the morning!).
It was great talking with him! I answered the phone when he called and his voice sounded so different when he said hello that I thought for sure it was my other brother, Tyler, prank calling us pretending to be Riley. (Because Tyler would do something like that.) So when he said, "Hey, Lindsay! It's Riley!" I said, "No it isn't." But then he convinced me that he was really Riley. I swear though -- Tyler, Riley, and Scott all have the deepest voices now! I can't easily tell them apart on the phone anymore! And it's taking some getting used to.
We didn't get to talk too long because we had to get ready for work, but it was great just to hear his voice again. The highlight in the conversation (for me, anyway) was when he asked how we were doing out here in Muncie. Only he didn't know how to pronounce Muncie. He said it more like "Mee-yune-ik-ee," which just about made me die laughing, so it was kind of hard to get myself to tell him that the correct way to pronounce it is "Mun-see." But I did. Because I'm nice like that.
Anyway, so Riley's back. Wow. How fun. I'm sad I won't be able to see him in person for some time. Oh well, I guess. Hey, if any of you are interested in photos of his mission adventures, you can see them here. Most of them are pretty funny. See, the thing about Riley is, he's hilarious. And I'm glad he's back.
So it seems then that today is proving itself to be a good one. I mean, not only did we get to wake up to a phone call from my brother, but I get to leave work early today because this afternoon we're heading down to Columbus, with our friends Sarah and Scott, to go to the temple. I'm looking forward to it. Also good today: it's payday, for me AND Blake; I got an email this morning from my favorite cousin, Julie (and Julie, if you read this, I'm working on writing you an equally fabulous letter in return); and, well, it's Friday, which makes pretty much everyone happy and causes people in your building who you don't know to randomly rejoice with you in that fact by stating how relieved they are that it's the end of the week as they pass you in the hallway. Good times. So until next time, I hope you all have great days as well!
1 comment:
HOOOrah! I can hardly wait until my own brother does that whole comin' home thing himself. :^D
Post a Comment