

And now you all have a small glimpse of how Midwestern storm clouds like to freak us out and make us wonder if perhaps the world will end in one gigantic tornado. Or, perhaps even worse, that the world will end in a similar manner as it did in that awful 80s movie Neverending Story. Yeah...that would be freaky.In actuality, though, these clouds were nothing but a front to try to scare the good citizens of Muncie. We got a little rain, and a bit of impressive lightning and thunder, but by 5:00 it was all sunny and pleasant. In a last ditch effort to freak us out, a rather large thunder clap practically right over our heads woke us up at 4:00 a.m. and knocked out our electricity, but we pretty much just told the storm to shove it and then went back to sleep. Ha! We'll show them who's weather boss around here!
3 comments:
The last photo is my favorite! I miss big storm clouds - we don't EVER get them in L.A. I'm starting to feel the pain of Adam and Eve in the garden. Who can appreciate all this good weather without a nasty storm to break it up?
Oooh! I always used to say "The Nothing!" when I saw clouds like that. (I rarely DO see clouds like that these days...maybe L.A. & Utah are similar that way. Sigh.)
Sarah - Yeah, that last one is my favorite, too. It was taken about 5 minutes after the first two...and boy! Can the sky sure change in 5 minutes!
Also, it's true that Utah (and I'm taking your word, Sarah, that L.A. too) doesn't get cool storm clouds like these. At least not as often. And that's what makes the Midwest so great. :)
Post a Comment