I had another success in the kitchen last night: Honey Chicken Wings. You want I should dish? Well...okay.
2 lbs chicken wings
salt and pepper, to taste
2/3 cup honey
2 tbsp ketchup
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp + 1 tsp oil
1 clove garlic, minced
sesame seeds
Sprinkle chicken wings with salt and pepper. Place honey, ketchup, soy cause, oil and garlic in a slow cooker; stir until mixed well. Add seasoned chicken wings and stir. Cook on low for 2-3 hours. Garnish with sesame seeds.
I served it with my oven baked potato wedges and fresh cantaloupe. If you're able to swing it, I highly recommend downing a serving of free Cold Stone ice cream (Nutter Butter, shared with Garrett) before dinner. My only wish was that Blake didn't have bishopric meeting so that he could have enjoyed it with me.
Oh! And congratulations, Jim and Pam! If I weren't too thrilled for words, I'd tell you it was about time!
5 comments:
Oh, this looks good for Saturday night... With some friends over... yeah! That sounds fun!
I wonder if it would work with chicken breasts? By the way - your mom made your zucchini muffins yesterday and they were so good!
Amanda, I'm sure it would work with chicken breasts (or other chicken parts, or maybe even pork chops...hmmm...that could be good...). You'd probably have to adjust the cooking time and sauce component amounts, but I'm sure it'd be just as delicious. I liked the chicken wing aspect of the recipe because this week chicken wings here were on sale for 99 cents/lb, so this made for a cheap, tasty meal.
And I'm so glad you guys all liked the zucchini muffins! I made more today (some to eat now, and some to freeze for later)...I'm addicted. They're so tasty!
You didn't add a recipe tag! How am I supposed to find this in your recipes later... tsk tsk. ;)
How sad that didn't know about the free Cold Stone ice cream until today!
Post a Comment