Don't get me wrong -- I loved the movie. Loved it. It was was hilarious and several times had me rolling off the couch clenching my gut in uncontrollable laughter. (Favorite line: "I want to reward you with five minutes of uninterrupted eye contact.") And Tina Fey is pretty much my favorite. I'm a die-hard 30 Rock fan, in large part because of her Liz Lemon, and though I don't really get around to watching Saturday Night Live much, I'm oh-so glad this skit from last night was shared with me:
I don't care what your politics are or your opinions of Sarah Palin, this is just dang funny. And for the record, I also want to state that I totally called this one. A few weeks ago, when Palin was picked as McCain's running mate, I turned to Blake and expressed my sincere desire for Tina Fey to do an SNL impression of her because, holy cow, those two could be twins! All I can say is, Tina, you didn't disappoint.
But back to our poor TV. The set seems to have more problems than just the neon green screen. The audio and video ports at the back, which we use to connect the TV with the DVD player, don't hold the cords in securely, making DVD-watching more time-consuming that it should be, and the remote got lost sometime during the era in which it was owned by Blake's sister. Add to this the fact that this set, because it doesn't support digital TV viewing, will no longer work after February 17, 2009, unless we get a converter. But because of the reasons described above, our TV has seen the biscuit, and just buying the converter doesn't seem to be the wisest choice.
Which means that I guess it's time to buy a new TV. Blurg. Buying a new TV wasn't exactly high on my agenda of big-ticket items I want to purchase. Maybe we'll see how long we can hold out (because it's not like we have cable or anything; it's just us and our little ole amplified top-of-the-TV antenna). But I don't suppose I'm capable of that sort of will power. After all, a new season of 30 Rock (and not to mention The Office) is just around the corner. And I'd really like my regular doses of Tina Fey to come without the neon green side effects.
*By which I, of course, mean "has seen better days."
8 comments:
the pre-nate vitamine scene (Baby Mama)for some reason cracked me up,I'm laughing right now thinking about it!
I want to see the movie, I think Tina Fey is hilarious!
Blurg, indeed, about your TV. How sad.
Oh dear, the eye contact. How scary. That was pretty much hilarious. Good luck with the TV issue. You're right, missing the new NBC series is out of the option. hehe.
Oh, I thought I was going to wet my pants! I loved that clip!
I hate it when items go out and move themselves up to the top of the list of purchases to make. Good luck on the choice. They do say that Super Bowl season is the best time to purchase TV’s because they have the best sales. So, it might not be bad timing to be starting a hunt of which TV is right for you guys.
I saw that clip earlier, and yes, very well done. Tina Fey is spot on. (I almost thought that was actually Palin at first.)
As little as I watch TV, I just don't think I could go w/o it. I mean, we've got the elections coming up.....
You know you can watch 30 Rock and The Office online. We have been without TV for three years now. You can get conference online as well. I hope you figure something out so you won't be seeing everything in neon green.
LOVED Tina Fey as Palin. So funny. Sorry about your tv...that truly stinks. I actually watch my favorite shows online, usually during naptime. There are hardly any commercials, which is awesome. If you want to hold out, it's not a bad option.
HA! I posted this video too!! My favorite part is her posing with the gun.
Post a Comment