Friday, September 19, 2008

dropped call

Cell phone conversation, tonight, 9:27 p.m.


(Phone rings.)

Lindsay: Hello?

Blake: Hi. I'm coming home. Sorry I had to work so late.

Lindsay: It's okay.

(Long pause.)

Blake: Lindsay?

Lindsay: Blake, I'm here.

(Blake hangs up. I wait for him to call back.)

(Phone rings. I answer.)

Lindsay: Hi. You hung up on me.

Blake: I did? I thought the call dropped.

Lindsay: No. I just wasn't talking.

Blake: Oh.

(I can hear him smile.)

Oops.

Lindsay: (laughs)


I think we're both ready for the weekend.

4 comments:

Sarah Kay said...

I love the "I can hear him smile." It has been on of those weeks...

Kristi said...

I hate it when BlueEyes has to work late on Friday nights. I much prefer to have him come home 15 minutes early so we can play longer. And then part of me is a bit sad and wistful come Monday morning and he leaves for another work week.

Sara said...

That happened a LOT when Steve was working in the lab...

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

So funny.