The Chip Shop is an English restaurant that serves English food. Their specialty (in case you couldn't guess) are their fish and chips. And that's exactly what we went in to eat. Blake and I each ordered the battered cod and chips meal, and mmm...mmm...it was deep fried goodness.
We ate in the garden seating behind the restaurant, which, despite the mosquitos, was very nice. Our waiter (in fact, every employee there last night) was actually British, which only added to the authenticity. And no, even though their beer menu, which boasted over 40 varieties, was most impressive (if you're into that sort of thing), we did not order any to wash down our dinner. We had, however, wanted to try a fried candy bar for dessert, but because the meal itself was so huge and heavy, we opted to leave ourselves with an excuse to go back.
4 comments:
Oh, I can feel the gressy goodness from here. It's like going on a trip to England for the night... well, maybe just for dinner. How fun!
I think we tried fish and chips in every pub from London to Eastbourne while in England...It is a delicious meal!!! When we visit you in NYC sometime, I'd love to try your place :)
That looks yummy and like fun. I remember the tasty, greasy, goodness of authentic fish and chips. There is nothing like it.
Sounds like an excellent evening. The British staff is a nice touch.
Post a Comment