First we stopped in the Toys R Us at Times Square, partly because Blake still hadn't been there, and partly because the birthday money Garrett received a couple months ago was burning a hole in his pocket (err -- our pockets, though in his behalf, of course). The first thing you see inside the Times Square Toys R Us is the giant ferris wheel in the entryway. If you wend your way up to the second floor, you'll encounter a life-size and technologically alive Tyrannosaurus Rex situated alongside mammoth-sized renderings of city skyscrapers done in Legos and a life size Barbie dollhouse.
During this trip we oohed and ahhed appropriately, then found our way to the toddler toys, where Garrett picked out this puppy:
Can anyone else see a budding young Mozart?
After a long cross-town walk from Broadway over to Third Avenue and then up to 60th Street, we found ourselves at Dylan's Candy Bar, which is seriously the coolest candy store I've ever seen. (Also the most expensive, but never mind that. The presentation was awesome.) Everything was decked out in candy.
Even the stairs:
Yes, that is all candy, and it's all under your feet. (Under glass, of course.)
We splurged and came away with a few treats: a Dylan's Candy Bar Dark Mint Belgian Chocolate Bar, a Dylan's Candy Bar Malted Milk Belgian Chocolate Bar, and a small handful of the most expensive Smarties I've ever purchased. Garrett loved them, though. It's hilarious watching him eat them because instead of excitedly popping them into his mouth, he licks them nearly into non-existence. I bought him Smarties because I thought they wouldn't be messy, but he proved me wrong.
Oh, and the chocolate was delicious. I'd share, but the internet doesn't work like that.
7 comments:
I love on the toy store video at about 20 seconds when Garrett looks up to make sure you are all noticing how incredibly talented he is at getting this toy to make sound. Very cute.
And, I have to go to the candy store. If for nothing else but a mint candy bar. Mmmmmm.
I love the huge lollipops!! They're awesome. I love that Garrett has a bib on to eat his little treat. He is so clean!
Garrett is ABSOLUTELY adorable... it doesn't matter what he does :)
Oh, I love Garrett's little shoes! It always amazes me how messy my little ones can get with even a simple cracker.
How fun. Now Garrett needs a kazoo and an oatmeal can drum, and he can be a one man band!
Okay--for some reason, seeing him put the stick in his mouth at the very end of the first video was laugh-out-loud hilarious. When in doubt: eat it.
Go Garret! I do see composing in your future :-) Perhaps on the Fisher Price Piano? :-)
Post a Comment