Zucchini-Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/4 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips (chopped regular chips will do just fine, too)
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (if desired)
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. In a small bowl, combine egg, oil, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips, and walnuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.

Yum.
Autumn doesn't get much better than this.
7 comments:
Sounds yummy!
really? Zuchinni and chocolate? If you weren't so convincing, I might not try it... but I will because i trust you. :)
Oh, MommyJ...zucchini only IMPROVES chocolate, if you can believe it. Try it. It's heaven.
I love, love, love good new recipes!
Mmmm. I have the mini chocolate chips. Now just to get the zucchini.
Bless you for putting out another zucchini recipe. This sounds almost as good as the zucchini chocolate cake I've made (which is to DIE for!!!) I can now find other uses for the mountains of zuc I have. (oh, and you forgot about chunky spaghetti sauce - so good.)
Oh, blast. BLAST. I did not need this.
(Sigh. I'm adding it to my recipe file even as I type.)
Post a Comment