So, remember those red, Childlike Empress eyes that Garrett was sporting in yesterday's Abs of Steel video? Well, after a long night of rubbing, crying, and not much sleeping, this morning those same eyes, now all gunky and set against his already pale white face, looked like something out of low-budget horror film.
Fearing a bad case of conjunctivitis, I took him to the doctor where the diagnosis turned out to be allergies. I hadn't considered this possibility, but I suppose it makes sense - nearly everyone I'm related to suffers from horrible seasonal allergies. We were sent home with eye drops and some antibiotics (his eyes might also be slightly infected, so to cover our ground, he'll be getting a round of penicillin), and instructions to dole out regular doses of Benedryl to keep him from scratching his eyeballs into unrecognizable shreds. I'm taking him back tomorrow for a follow-up appointment to make sure the swelling around his eyes has gone down.
And if this wasn't enough, right after our appointment we had to head over to the lab to get the blood work done for his 12-month well-check up in two weeks.
Poor boy.
And now, if you'll excuse me, Red-Eyes here desperately needs the gunk cleaned out of his eyes and will then, based on the screams I'm predicting will result, need some quality time with his mama.
10 comments:
Husband and I are both sporting the red-rimmed eye look. I think it is highly fashionable here. We have ridiculous out-of-control allergies, and the medication (over the counter, of course) isn't doing much for us. It also doesn't help that we need to spend about 4 hours each day outside doing yard work. *smile*
Oh, and I just discovered Petros' blog on your list! I was really happy!
I just read today (while waiting for glucose test) that if one parent has seasonal allergies, there's a 40% chance that the child will follow suit, and if both parents have them, the chances double to 80%. So our little guy will most likely have them too! (Tyler's are worse than mine, which started when I was 19. Luckily we haven't suffered much here in Colorado so far - compared to how it was in Utah) I hope Garrett feels better soon!
'Tis the season! All five of us have awful allergies this time of year… Andrew obviously having his first year of it this year. My little Kenna has a horse sounding voice that I am hoping will go back to sounding sweet soon. I heard giving everyone a spoonful of locally “grown” honey helps… but at the same time they say not to give babies under 1 honey… but he is coming on his birthday any day now, right?
So, I really like the new layout. How did you do it? I'd love to have some tips on making my blogspot and bit more unique.
Hope Garrett feels better soon. I can't believe he's almost a year old! How exciting.
Love the new layout. I'm totally jealous.
Your poor baby! That looks positively miserable. I hope he gets better soon!
Oh, that poor baby! I hope he gets better soon. I hate allergies.
Anna had to endure the 12-month blood work as well. She did really well but it made me so sad to see them draw blood from her little, little arm.
Poor baby. We all can relate too, unfortunately. I do hope the meds make him feel a little better. We have switched to Claritin and it's working a little better for the kiddos than Benadryl, thank goodness. So sad.
And, the new layout looks great!
Oh that is The Saddest story and photo ever. I can just see him rubbing his little eyes to pieces all night! I hope all your goods help him and you!
What a break-your-heart little face! I hope he's feeling better soon. By the way, digging the new look. I like your three columns.
Poor baby Garrett! Best of luck with Benadryl .. I hope his eyes become less horror-film like and more sweet baby Garrett like.
Post a Comment