Unfortunately, the timing of the morning nap did not coincide well with the timing of the concert. We arrived just as it ended.
Fortunately, though, I had packed us a picnic lunch, which we had arranged to eat with Blake, whose office is just around the corner from the park.
We had some time to kill before Blake could join us. The place was swarming with nannies, strollers, and kids, which made the playground impossibly crowded. So we sat on a park bench and people watched. Here are some things we noticed:
- Of the hundreds of adults pushing strollers around the park, I'd say only maybe 5-10 percent of them were the actual parents of the children they were toting. The majority were nannies.
- New York City squirrels are as aggressive as their human counterparts.
- It's hard to know what to say to the toothless, homeless lady who sits down next to you on the bench and who wishes to make conversation concerning your adorably wiggly little boy.
6 comments:
Fun, fun.
Don't you just love that big green space in the heart of the city? I suppose aggressive Nannies could spoil it however :(
What a fun time! Garrett is adorable as always and you can tell he his having the best time sitting there by his dad and just smiling to Mom!! :)
I bet there is lots going on every day (definitely just lots to see) for free in central park as well!
Babies make people happy. It doesn't matter if they have a home or not, talking to babies makes people happy. It's hard to know how to talk to some people though, but I'm sure you brightened that particular lady's day.
i love parks. I've never been to central park.. I bet it's nice too.
I'm thinking you sent the heatwave from up there, down here!! Cuz it's hot as blue blazes. And humid as ever.
I do love summer. Really, I do.
Post a Comment