having resided in the big city, the sprawling countryside, and the suburban in-between;
having learned from my choices and resulting experiences;
declare
that happiness is a matter of choice;
that circumstances should not get in the way of enjoying my situation in life;
that no matter what my current environment, laundry, grocery shopping, budgeting, and parenting will still have their challenges; and
that, just like I can find bad things anywhere, I can also find good things anywhere.
I believe that it is my choice to either wither in misery or to happily bloom where I am planted,
And I've decided to blossom.
8 comments:
Amen! I love how you word things. It is so beautiful! And I love the power of declaration! I needed a good uplift today. Thank you!
Ooh, I love it. Maybe we can write something like, "_____________ is a proud member of the 'I'm going to be happy wherever I go' club" on an index card and paste it on our cupboards. Sounds like a good idea, eh?
When I was 16 I adopted this mentality after moving to a crappy town and it's done wonders!
Thanks for the attitude adjustment...I sure do need one today! I think I'm taking a sick day from being cheerful too, and that's not the best idea...
Hear, hear!
Good for you, Lindsay! After being puked on multiple times today, I needed that reminder.
love this!
I'm with you, Lindsay. That has always been my motto, and I think I live it quite well!
Post a Comment