Sunday, March 09, 2008

tomato v. chicken noodle


In the Supreme Poll ruling of Tomato v. Chicken Noodle, it was democratically decided by my readers that Tomato soup trumped Chicken Noodle when paired with a tuna fish sandwich.

Of the 32 of you who voted, 19 unwittingly confirmed Blake's belief that tuna fish sandwiches and a warm bowl of tomato soup is better than the tuna fish sided with a hearty bowl of chicken noodle that I typically prefer. So the next time I pair tuna with chicken noodle, and Blake looks at me with pathetic puppy dog eyes and sighs, "Why not tomato? Sixty percent of your blog readers thinks that tomato and tuna tastes better than chicken noodle and tuna," I will have no one but you to blame. Which, don't get me wrong: a grilled tuna and cheese sandwich and a bowl of tomato soup isn't such a bad combination for a rainy day dinner. But honestly, chicken noodle and tuna sandwiches have always gone together in my mind.

So to the 13 of you who took my side: I'll call you the next time tuna fish sandwiches and chicken noodle soup come on the menu, and we'll do lunch.

3 comments:

Krysta said...

I'm with you, sister! Tuna and Tomato?? Not so much. Grilled Cheese and Tomato?? YUM! A perfect combination!

heath said...

I wish there had been a spot for whether tuna fish sandwiches should be eaten at all--I am wholeheartedly opposed to anything that smells that bad (and that my cat used to eat--well, not the sandwich, just the tuna). Enjoy it if you will, though.

Lindsay said...

Krysta - Yes! This is exactly what I'm saying! Chicken noodle + tuna fish sandwich = great combo. Tomato + grilled cheese sandwich = also great combo. Some combos really just shouldn't be meddled with. :)