* The weather was gorgeous on Saturday, so we used that as a great excuse to go walk around Manhattan's beautiful and historic Gramercy district.
* While in that neighborhood we walked around the perimeter of Gramercy Park, which is the only private park left in New York City.
* We also stopped at a Gramercy playground, where Garrett went for a ride on the swings. He also got his first delicious taste of cream cheese after a visit to a local bagel shop. Yum yum.
* We got our federal tax return, which only proved further that Garrett was indeed a very happy addition to our family last year.
* Two words: Vision Insurance. ...and the happy announcement that Blake's company is now offering it in their benefits package. New, much needed glasses...here we come!
* My nursery lesson on Sunday went, dare I say it...swimmingly. We learned that we should be thankful for fish by going "fishing" for pictures of different kinds of sea creatures, looking at some sea shells, eating goldfish crackers, doing a finger play about a little turtle who lived in a box, and reading Swimmy.
* On Sunday after church, we lowered Garrett's crib for the first time. Turns out he's pretty thrilled with the new arrangement:
* The laughing wore us all out, so we curled up on the bed and took a nap. I woke up first, and found my two boys looking pretty adorable snoozing together.
* Today New York's African-American, legally blind Lt. Governor, David Paterson, is going to be sworn in as the new governor, replacing an apparently immoral and humiliated Eliot Spitzer. I haven't lived here long enough to truly dive into New York State politics, but from the 24/7 news coverage of Spitzer's prostitution scandal, I've already come to like the even-tempered, calm-mannered, likable Paterson. I think he'll do great things for this state.
Happy St. Patrick's Day! Hope you're all wearing green and enjoying the 247th Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade which, even as I type this, is marching its way up New York City's 5th Avenue. I know we sure are!
11 comments:
I love it when you post little videos of Garrett laughing. Makes me laugh too! Happy St. Pat day to you too!
Totally jealous of the vision insurance. We've got four glasses wearers and NO coverage.
Cute pictures! :)
My boys all love to watch videos of Garrett. They make me scroll through and watch the older ones every time I show them a new one. He is adorable.
(lori)
Happy St. P Day! Looks like a lot of fun in your household! Loved the laughing video (Lucy keeps saying: "lets do baby laughing again!")
(Oh, and could we start flying Lucy out to NY for you Nursury lessons?! You are so darling and creative! I bet those Nursury children have a great time!!)
Love that baby laugh!!!
I love that bottom, grinning picture of Garrett. Super cute. (I can't watch the video yet, as I'm at school. meh.)
Hope this week stays lucky!
seems like it's been a great week all around...cheers!
Hurray for good luck! I can't watch the video yet either since I am at work...but have a happy St. Patrick's Day!
Cute pics. Sounds like a fun day.
I'm struck by how BIG Garrett looks. His laugh really is contagious and he is starting to look like a little BOY. He is darling!
I think your hair looks great!
Yes, yes. Great belly laugh. I love it.
Post a Comment