But, to be safe, I don't think I will. After all, it could have been a fluke caused by either the physically draining muggy heat we had yesterday, or perhaps the fact that maybe my baby has caught a touch of the end-of-summer cold I came down with a few days ago (but if the latter, his only symptom has been sleepiness -- no fever or mucous). Or maybe, just maybe, his poor little digestive track has developed enough to let him sleep for more than ten minutes at a stretch.
But at any rate, Garrett slept through the night! We put him to bed at 9:00 and he started happily stirring (note that it was a "happy stir," and not a "starving scream for food") at 5:00. That's 8 hours!! The natural alarm clock my body has set itself to over the last few months still woke me up several times last night expecting to hear crying coming from the other room, but every time I'd go check on Garrett, I'd only find him comfortably sound asleep, his arms spread eagle. When he finally did wake up, he happily chugged the extra ounce or so of formula I put in his bottle (under the assumption that after 8 hours he was really hungry), and then he was back in bed, falling sweetly asleep, by 5:30. What the --?
I'm not sure if I should be concerned or simply delighted. Right now I'm a little bit of both.
7 comments:
That's great! I, too, always had the internal alarm go off when my babies would start sleeping through the night, but when it became routine, I sure loved the sleep again!
I hope you enjoyed it. Hopefully it wasn't a fluke.
What a relief. I sure hope it becomes a regular thing.
Nice. Isn't he about two/two and a half months now? I think you may just be getting to the part where they grow out of the colicky phase. I totally remember the first night that Patrick opted out of his three hour scream in the evening and then slept eight hours. I kept waking up and going in there, sure I was going to find bad, bad things. And even though not every night after that was that great, it did start to steadily improve from there. As a sidenote, that was the time when we started trying to establish a regular bedtime routine and started pushing for semi-regular naps during the day and it seemed to work out pretty well.
Anyway, congrats on the night's rest--may it happen again very, very soon!
Lucky! Mia has yet to have a night like that. Pray that it wasn't a one time thing. And that picture is too cute. He's enjoying all his space out here in the great big world.
Hooray, hooray! Hopefully this is a sign of things soon to come. The picture of him spread eagle is dang cute, by the way. I wonder if that was his favorite when he was still inside you? they say babies already have favorite sleeping positions by 18 weeks or so.
I hope he continues to improve on his sleeping. He's so cute! It seems like so, so long that they are crazy sleepers. But it really is just a fraction of their time here--hang in there! My little one who used to be a terrible sleeper turns eleven next month!! :( What I would give to have her tiny and cuddle with her during the night again...
Post a Comment