Sunday, September 09, 2007

Pale

What my sweet husband said to me as we wrapped up our long walk along the Upper New York Bay Shore Promenade and around the neighborhood yesterday afternoon:

"You know, if you're out running errands and going on walks every day in the sun like this, you just might get tan. Well, you might not get tan, but at least you'd be off-white or something."

7 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

My husband and I refer to ourselves as ultra bright. Glow in the dark. Neither of us really get "tan", but off white is a good way of describing what we get...

goddessdivine said...

That's gotta make you feel good.

I'm a sun-goddess. Being tan is a must in the summer. But then again I'm single: I'm vain, shallow, and insecure ;-)

I'm sure if I were married I wouldn't get to spend so much quality time in the sun.

Kristeee said...

Aw, how sweet of him! hehe. In my house, it's the opposite. I tan, he just burns. Even if I burn, it settles into a tan a day or two later. Off-white, though - that's a good description. At least he gets points for that one. :)

Lizardbreath McGee said...

I would laugh more at this, but it's too painful given my cavedweller-like complexion. (But I'm still laughing plenty. :))

lori said...

this made me laugh and laugh!

Anonymous said...

NICE BLOG.

heath said...

Ha!