Monday, September 03, 2007

Welcome to Our Home!

And now, since all of our worldly possessions have finally found a home in our new place AND since our apartment is clean, here is the photo tour I promised you all:

18 comments:

goddessdivine said...

Way cute. Thanks for the tour. And I am totally impressed that you are already moved in and organized.

btw--I have that same picture of George Washington; it's my favorite.

Sarah Kay said...

It looks like the real deal. I REAL NY APARTMENT! Can you feel my excitement for you? Because I'm stoked.

AmyJane said...

Totally cute. It reminds me of those "small space solutions," I guess since you seem to have used the space efficiently and everything seems to have a home. Do you have any storage space, like an outdoor closet or anything?

Desmama said...

Wow--that's a cute little place, precisely what I'd envision for a chic little NY pad. You must know, you put me to shame--you moved after me and you're already moved in and the whole place looks spiffy. I'm impressed.

Lindsay said...

Kristen - I love that painting, too. It's a classic.

Sarah - I know! It's awesome, fire escape and all! It's also still so incredibly surreal.

Amyjane - No, no outside storage. All we've got is an entryway closet, a hall closet, and two tiny closets in one of the bedrooms, all of which are pretty poorly designed. Which is why we've had to get creative, and which is also why we got rid of a ton of stuff before we moved (as well as why I'm anxious to continue getting rid of stuff).

Desmama - No need to feel shamed. Blake and I just can't stand having boxes around, so we've spent a lot of time doing nothing but unpacking them. Also, see above about how we got rid of a ton of stuff before we left Indiana. That certainly helped. :)

Jenny said...

Lindsay, I admire your movedin-ness. I think you're more unpacked than I am still! Also, we have the same nightstands! I just got it from IKEA and I like it. I love that line.

Kristeee said...

I love the wood floors - as Garrett starts moving around, those will for sure be a lot of fun. One crazy night on the mission another sister and I discovered that you can "swim" across the floor in fleecy pajamas . . . in case you and Blake ever feel like playing "Jaws" or something.

Your apartment looks perfect - I love the bookshelves in Garrett's room, filled with those rainbow-backed books I loved as a kid. And way to go having pictures up already - I've been in my house over 2 years and still only have a clock and one hanging thing on the wall. Go you!

coolhandluke said...

I see you have a Dell computer...tsk, tsk, tsk.

Lindsay said...

Jenny - You definitely have great taste in nightstands! :)

Kristeee - Hmm...swimming on hardwood floors. Hadn't considered that one. But winter's right around the corner - maybe once we pull out the fleece pjs we'll have to try it out.

Lee - You get what you can afford, I guess. You're more than welcome to send us a [free] HP our way any day! :)

Katie said...

What a cute *little* apartment! It looks about the size of our house. Don't you just love little houses for little families? What an adventure!

Erin said...

Hi Lindsay, I'm a friend of Celia's and since we will be moving to NY soon she said you might have some pointers. What's your laundry situation like? Also, have you been to your ward yet? Do you like it? We are a little overwhelmed with this whole thing and I think we are gonna have to give up some of our "wants".

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love your wood floors! They look so great! A mixed blessing with a baby, though. Easy clean up, more head bruises... :/

lori said...

What a great place!! You've made it look so homey!!

Sarah said...

Welcome home! I love the huge wall-length windows (esp in the kitchen). It seems to have very good natural light throughout. This, for me, forgives all faults - even your poor, sweet little bathroom. It does try so hard to be all grown up, doesn't it!

jeanine said...

I love your apartment!

heath said...

It looks cozy, but clean. I love it! I can't wait to come see it!

Anonymous said...

Frank and I love your new apt! I'm glad you three are all settled there in big NY. We're still getting there... :)

Lippy said...

Well, you started with a nice apartment, but you really did a nice job decorating and arranging everything. Good for you. Lots of luck and happiness there!