I'm not sure why it took me so long, seeing as it's been on my list of Brooklyn survival items pretty much since we moved here, but two days ago I finally bought myself a cart. It's red, and, in case you want to get one for yourself, I picked mine up at the local hardware store. Anyway, I used it for the first time this morning to haul my laundry to the laundromat and oh. my. word. -- so much easier! I totally deserve a big kick in the pants for not getting one sooner.
Also, I just want you to know that while, yes, it takes guts to let someone new cut your hair, it takes even more guts to let someone who speaks a language I like to call Mostly-Chinese-with-a-Sprinkling-of-English cut your hair. But, that said, the ladies at May's Hair Salon did a fabulous job giving me a much needed trim. And the shampoo that was part of the packaged haircut deal? Pretty much the best thing ever! I don't think that I can even fairly call it a shampoo because really, it was more like a professional head-and-neck massage. Yeah, I think I'll be going back there in 6-8 weeks when my hair starts to get straggly again.
6 comments:
Nothing is worse than a bad haircut. I'm glad you found someone good!
What a fun cart. I bet that's really convenient. And I want a head and neck massage.
What a handy little cart. Everyone should have one of those just because.
We have a similar cart and I love it. Oh so handy!
They're looking for testimonials: http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeecwu0/id6.html
Man, getting your hair cut when you're not sure you speak the same language as the stylist is a leap of faith. My first haircut in Salzburg had me scared - fortunately hacking off a foot of hair is the same in just about any language and it turned out perfectly.
I've tried to get my husband to learn how they do that massagey shampoo with their fingers and hands . . . sadly, I think his fingers are just too big for the same effect. So I look forward to my salon visits and their yummy coconut-smelling massage of goodness.
Post a Comment