Thursday, January 04, 2007

Something...This Way Comes...

Signs of its coming:
  • multiple visits to the doctor;
  • a small handful of ultrasounds;
  • constant nausea and an all-too-occasional food offering in the bathroom;
  • the consumption of an inordinate amount of pretzels because, despite the fact that I'd rather not put anything in there, my stomach informs me that I'd-better-or-else;
  • pants that are getting a bit too tight;
  • the strange need to cry over the silliest things;
  • crazy cravings for things like clementine oranges, cottage cheese, and sugar-free gum;
  • an excitement that causes me to shudder occasionally in happy anticipation for July 16, 2007.
Yep...something's definitely coming this way...

7 comments:

AmyJane said...

SHUT UP! That's such exciting news! Also, that's MY birthday, so it's a very good due date!Congratulations!

Sarah said...

July babies!!! How exciting :) I'm sending lots of good vibes and a supporting vote for the consumption of pretzels. My biggest indicator during my first trimester was that I cried at least five times while watching the movie Ice Age with my toddler. It was a disaster. I never knew woolly mammoths could be so touching!

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Oh, of all great HURRAHS! :^D (I mean...the 'Hurrah' I'm yelling right now is pretty loud and therefore great and...nevermind.)

Seriously--I'm so happy for you! Babies are THE best things EVER invented. SERIOUSLY. :^)

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Grats to you! That is so exciting.

Sara said...

Sounds familiar somehow.. CONGRATS!!!! (Shoot for the 17th...that's my birthday.) Hope the nausea passes soon. Just remember, it's totally worth it! Besides, you have a virtual license to cry whenever you just feel the need and no one can say anything about it. Keep us all updated!

Claire said...

Congrats, that is good news indeed! Hope everything goes swimmingly for you!

Lindsay said...

Thanks, guys, for all your well-wishes. We're pretty thrilled at the prospect of a new person at our house. :)

I'll do my best to keep you all updated as appropriate.