Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Would anyone mind if I just take a nap now?

Whew. Day Two of the Crazy Week-long Economic Development Course our office is putting on is in the homestretch, and I have serendipitously found a moment to tuck myself away in the office we are occupying here at the convention center to tell you all so. Judging, though, by my current energy levels and the fact that I'm getting somewhat desperate for a nap makes me seriously question my ability to make it to Day Five. Hoo boy.

But all fatigue aside, things are going pretty well. And, unlike my energy levels, my confidence levels at running the show here are thankfully pretty high. At least this year (unlike last year) I know what I'm doing. And that's good.

Next to the happy fact that I not only know my responsibilities this year but am also able to successfully carry them out, the food here is probably the best thing about this week. One of my jobs was to make all the catering arrangements, and I don't mean to boast (okay...maybe I do, just a little), but I did a pretty darn good job. The breakfasts, lunches, evening reception hor d'oevres...they've all been spectacular. Like yesterday for lunch we ate lemon chicken, and it was absolutely divine. Baby and I have been eating pretty well. (And not only are we eating well, but we're also getting to enjoy it. I may be speaking prematurely, but maybe -- just maybe -- the morning sickness is ready to take a hike.)

Anyway, I should actually go head back upstairs and make sure no microphones are exploding (not that that's happened yet, but you never know).

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hope you're feeling better!!!