So, after a few very comforting comments on my last post, a reassuring email, a calming chat with Blake, a visit with a friend in the ward who only three months ago gave birth to her first, and a nice phone conversation with my mom (thank you, everyone!), I'm feeling more "whelmed" than overwhelmed about the whole pregnancy/parenting thing.
I have this [rather annoying] tendency to get worried and anxious [very, very] easily [and often prematurely], and I think the information overload I inadvertently gave myself by reading up on the topics, combined with the pregnancy and miscarriage trauma currently going on in my circle of ward friends just pushed me too close to the edge.
But I'm feeling a lot better now. Especially now that I've resolved to stay away from large doses of information, and to not think about it too much, except to be excited. (Also, my mom suggested that childbirth is just something I shouldn't even consider -- it's going to happen whether I've thought about it or not, so why get concerned. Good advice.)
Because I AM excited. I've wanted to be in this position for a very long time now, so it seems a waste to worry it into complete anxiety at this point. And now I'm gearing myself up to dive in that beautiful world of online shopping as I scour the internet for maternity clothes. Because apparently tall people can't just go to a store and buy maternity pants that don't end just above the ankle.
No comments:
Post a Comment