My favorites so far are Muenster and Gouda. But they are all really very tasty. Sitting down with Blake to eat cheese and crackers brings back fond memories of the days when I totally lived for French club solely for their annual cheese tasting night. And the times my siblings and I would go through the Tillamook Cheese Factory cheese sampling line many, many (many, many, many) times. And the stops for squeaky cheese from the cheese factory in Beaver, UT on our way to visit my grandparents. And the Cheese Night my roommates and I held one year at BYU, inviting anyone who wanted to come to feel free, so long as they brought some cool, exotic cheese with them to share. So the truth's out... I like cheese. A lot.
Our purchases represent only a small fraction of the different kinds of cheeses available at White Feather Farms. So if any of you cheese aficionados out there have any suggestions of kinds to try, please feel free to share your suggestions.
Meanwhile, I think it is completely and utterly fitting that these fellows, from their post on the refrigerator, can watch over our cheese eating endeavors:
In other news, we had our first "real snow" yesterday (yes, we Hoosiers are all very aware that it is rather late in the season for a "first snow," but lest you think we've been entirely skipped by winter this year, let me remind you that we've had our fair share of sub-freezing temperatures and bitter wind chills. Oh, and rain. We've had lots and lots of cold, miserable, flood-inducing rain. ...But back to snow...) We got 3-4 inches, most of which was dumped on us early yesterday morning. That made the drive to church...interesting. Because remember in Muncie they don't plow the streets. Or, for that matter, do they think to put salt down until it's already too late. (You'd think they'd have figured out a system by now because it's not like winter is a foreign concept in this part of the country.)
Anyway, this is the view from our front porch yesterday evening. Pretty, isn't it? I have to say...of all the different kinds of snow we could have received, I'm very pleased with what we got. Perfect, beautiful snow.
1 comment:
Mmmmm . . . cheese.
Post a Comment