Tuesday, February 12, 2008

he scoots


A few minutes after I finished filming this last night, he continued his scooting expedition right on into the hallway and around the corner. I caught him before he picked up a board book and backed into the bathroom. (Because, really, it's a mite too early to think about potty training, let alone perusing the printed word while doing so, don't you think?)

So now if he can figure out how to move forward and do it on purpose (I'm pretty sure his current scoots are beyond his control), we'll be in business.

Funny boy.

9 comments:

AmyJane said...

Is it bad to say I'm sorry? I remember Jenny saying that over and over when Patrick first became mobile and thinking to myself how she just didn't get how amazing and talented my firstborn was. She even suggested "accidentally" knocking him over when he tried to crawl, and deep down I considered calling child protective services on her. Only now....now I know that she was right. It's the beginning of the end. But still so cute and amazingly talented of your firstborn--go ahead and enjoy the fun, even though you'll be sorry later when your house is destroyed All Of The Time!

Jenny P. said...

My Henry started this way too. He was great at moving backwards. He would sometimes scoot himself under the furniture so that his legs and feet were stuck underneath. Then he couldn't go anywhere because he hadn't figured out how to go forward yet! He will be up and moving forward so fast! And then, you'll hardly be able to keep track! Henry moves like lightening now. Across the house in no time. It's amazing the things he gets in to... but his little bum looks so cute as he wiggles down the hall, I can't be mad!

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

So, so cute. He'll be potty trained way sooner than you think, time flies so quickly. What a cute, smart boy!

Katie said...

They learn so darn fast - in a few months you'll be wondering when he learned to walk! :)

Sara said...

Fabulous! Christopher started walking yesterday for "real". Sigh...

lori said...

Darling boy. I remember how frustrated Lucy would get when she'd try to move forward for a toy and end up moving backwards...

So fun to see Garrett scooting!

(also loved your book list. Always fun to hear reviews!)

Kristeee said...

Go, Garrett, go! He just looks so thrilled with himself. That's awesome that he just goes backwards so far. Looks like it's about time for you to get on your hands and knees and tour around the apartment to see what tasty wires and things he'll soon discover. :)

Unknown said...

I love the sirens in the background. too classic.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Wow. Your apartment sounds just like my apartment. Except, mine is sans baby noises. Unfortunately.

Also, Garrett ROCKS. Er. You know. Scoots.

Stuff.