Thursday, February 01, 2007

A Post of Absolutely No Consequence

I'm itching to write something today, but nothing brilliant is coming to mind. So instead you will get a list of "Haphazard and Odd Thoughts Which Have Recently Flittered Through My Brain."

So. Let the arbitrariness begin!
  • It is difficult to get used to a 60 watt light bulb after basking in the glory of a 100 watt light bulb.
  • But it makes the adjustment from night to morning a little less startling.
  • My front walk is slippery.
  • Even though I am a recent and whole-heartedly devoted fan of Emily Kimbrough, I don't think I'll finish the most recent book of hers I picked up (We Followed Our Hearts to Hollywood). It just isn't captivating me like her others have.
  • And there is nothing wrong with not finishing a book.
  • But what to read next?
  • Because I'm still on the waiting list for our next book club book (Freakonomics).
  • The Office is on tonight. And it's not a rerun. This makes me happy.
  • I'm well on my way to drinking my daily water quota. Go me!
  • There are 92 counties in Indiana. Is it just me, or does this seems like a lot?
  • I made the bed this morning, like I do every morning. Only this morning I was very tempted to just forget about it.
  • I secretly like quite a few Alanis Morissette songs. I'm openly crazy about Natalie Merchant's music.
  • When I was in junior high and high school, I was one of those nerds who knew nothing about contemporary music, so when people asked me what genre I liked, I faked it and told them Alternative. Only it took me a few years to realize that Alternative is actually the kind of music I typically don't like.
  • I've learned today that when people are given the opportunity to complain, they usually take it and run all the way up Mt. Everest with it.
  • Ball State's botany pond is frozen over, in case you were wondering.
  • I am the founder and coordinator of an online poetry club. February's theme is "poems by a poet laureate."
  • The plural of poet laureate is poets laureate.
  • Handwritten correspondence is a dying art form, and that makes me sad. Maybe I'll pick up the practice again.
  • Which reminds me...I need to buy postage stamps this weekend.
  • You'd be surprised at how many well-educated adults think a lot is one word.
  • This picture is hanging on my office wall. Can you guess which one is my PhotoShop-loving brother?
  • Would somebody please stop me before this erratic list gets too out of hand and ----------

(Thanks.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished Queen Noor...a compeling read. Have you read Drowning Ruth? Both must read books. One for its culural enlightment and one for suspense.

Lindsay said...

Hi Grandma! Thanks for the suggestions. I looked them both up and they both looked very interesting. I'll have to make a trip to the library soon. :)

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Mweh? Freakonomics? That is exactly and precisely the same book we're reading for my book club this month! *Engenders look of astonishment*

Are you sure we're not in the same group but by some strange warping of time and space we never actually see each other? If so, I think it's a darn shame. (That we never see each other, I mean. Stupid fate.)

Oh, and I'm pretty sure your brother is the second from the left. In about 40 years.

Tyler said...

Hey - good lookin' picture there. I should forward you the new and improved photo.