Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tuesday

If my day yesterday was like Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, my day today has been rather like Tuesday:



...Only without the flying frogs.

Seriously, though -- it's been a strange day. Unusual. Abnormal. A little odd. But not terrible, horrible, no good, or very bad, thank heavens. And I think it started with the bizarre dream I had last night.

I dreamt that my brother, Riley, who it should be noted is 1) not yet married, and 2) is a BOY, was pregnant and due two days after me. He spent the majority of my dream showing off his expanding mid-section (while sporting his favorite pair of comfortable green scrubs), much to the annoyance of both his fiancee and myself. And it wasn't just his highfalutin tendencies that bothered me. It was the dramatic competition the whole affair naturally developed into. I mean -- whose baby would be born first? It couldn't very well be his because I, after all, am nearly four years older than him!

Anyway, very weird. I think I can safely label this one as a Crazy Pregnancy Dream, and it can go down in the books as the first baby-related one I've had (crazy dreams have never been a rare thing for me). Up 'til now it seemed that everyone else was having the crazy pregnancy dreams: Blake had one, my mom had one. But now I've had one, too. How...fulfilling (?).

So if a dream like that started off my day, it's only to be expected that the rest of my day would be filled with flying frog-like abnormalities. Here are a few:
  • It's warm outside. We're supposed to reach a high today of 46 degrees. This, my friends, is what I, after experiencing several consecutive weeks of temperatures well below freezing, like to call "tropical." And tropical weather in Indiana in February is nigh unto unheard of.
  • I was a solid 10 minutes early to work today. Ten minutes early! Normally, it's a scramble to get out the door each morning, resulting in my sliding into the office at roughly 8:01... or thereabouts.
  • We are going to see a play tonight. Jane Eyre, to be precise. This is unusual for two reasons: 1) it's the first play I'll have gone to in, oh, a few years (the only "culture" we tend to associate ourselves with these days can be checked out for free at the library), and 2) the only showing of this play is not on a weekend night, but on a Tuesday night (Muncie must be low priority on the touring schedule).
Anybody else having a Tuesday-like Tuesday?

1 comment:

AmyJane said...

Ooh, I forgot that book--such a fun one for wordless titles.
I had my own vicarious pregnancy dream recently. My friend Mallory is expecting and her hubby really wants a boy. My brother and SIL are also expecting and really want a girl. In my dream both sets of parents found that they were having triplets of the undesired gender. They started negotiating a trade and I was freaking out about calling Child Protective Services. Anyway. Those dreams happen, is all I'm saying.