Garrett has known for quite some time that he can pull himself up to a stand if, while sitting on my lap, he grabs my fingers for support. But until a short time ago, he'd never used furniture to brace himself for this maneuver. Sometime last week, he pulled himself up on the railing of his crib. You can be sure I was impressed, but, seeing as he doesn't know yet how to roll himself from a completely horizontal position to a full sit, I had my doubts that he'd do this little trick again any time soon. Last night, he proved me wrong. And this time I had the camera:
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
seconds
I gave Garrett his first haircut a little over a week ago. I only snipped above his ears, but as I've never been much of a hairstylist, I did a less than fabulous job. Someone better experienced with haircutting scissors needed to straighten things out, so yesterday I let a professional give him his second haircut. Not only did she fix my crooked behind-the-ear job, but she also trimmed along his neckline. He's such a sharp-looking little boy now! No more straggles! Now, if you are thinking, "he had enough hair for straggles?" let me assure you that yes, he did. He has hair; it's just blond. Here's proof:
Garrett has known for quite some time that he can pull himself up to a stand if, while sitting on my lap, he grabs my fingers for support. But until a short time ago, he'd never used furniture to brace himself for this maneuver. Sometime last week, he pulled himself up on the railing of his crib. You can be sure I was impressed, but, seeing as he doesn't know yet how to roll himself from a completely horizontal position to a full sit, I had my doubts that he'd do this little trick again any time soon. Last night, he proved me wrong. And this time I had the camera:
Garrett has known for quite some time that he can pull himself up to a stand if, while sitting on my lap, he grabs my fingers for support. But until a short time ago, he'd never used furniture to brace himself for this maneuver. Sometime last week, he pulled himself up on the railing of his crib. You can be sure I was impressed, but, seeing as he doesn't know yet how to roll himself from a completely horizontal position to a full sit, I had my doubts that he'd do this little trick again any time soon. Last night, he proved me wrong. And this time I had the camera:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Way to go Garrett! His haircut looks great.
What a smart, handsome big boy!
Progress!!! Yea Garrett.
Haircut, standing in bed, soon he will be graduating...
Seeing his before and after pictures makes me want to give Dean a true haircut. I too have done the "trim a little on the back and sides" resulting in a less than super haircut, but Matt's against cutting his hair since he's just a baby. Ah well.
Nice trick too! Yipee.
Great hair cut.
My SIL has issues about cutting my nephew's hair....as in she doesn't want to. He really needs a trim around the ears.
Big milestones!
Wow! Standing in the crib! Get ready for the jumping!
His haircut is so cute! You did a really good job for his first haircut, with Josh I just shaved him bald because I messed up so badly!
Yay! Garrett made it!
Post a Comment