Tuesday, April 29, 2008

sweet bloomin' ducklings!

It's been raining here for the last few days and I've been using my cooped-up time to get a few tasks done around the house. So while I'm shredding old documents and finding better homes for the stray objects strewn in less desirable locations, I'll let you watch a few web videos I've enjoyed from other blogs I browse.

The first is about wood ducklings:



Wasn't that amazing? Ducks have always had a special place in my heart, but this just about did me in.

This one I saw today on a local blog. It's a time lapse video of the Brooklyn Botanic Garden's cherry blossoms.



So beautiful, n'est-ce pas? No, I haven't seen the cherry blossoms in person. I'd like to. The Cherry Blossom Festival, Sakura Matsuri, is scheduled for this weekend. So if it ever stops raining (assuming the rain hasn't destroyed the blossoms), maybe we'll trek to Prospect Park for a gander.

4 comments:

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

"...for a gander."--clever you! What a good writer you are!

Kristeee said...

Wow, that looks beautiful. That's definitely a walk I'd like to take.

Kelly said...

Where do you find this stuff? If I was looking on youtube I don't think it would cross my mind to say, hmmm...I wonder if there are any good duck videos?

melissa @ 1lbr said...

I think I went to the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens when I was in NYC several years ago - BEAUTIFUL! I also managed to attend a cherry blossom festival (Sakura Matsuri) in Japan - wow, that was really something! Definitely go if you get the chance.