After gathering some recommendations from co-workers, Blake made reservations at Pylos (pronounced pee-lohs), a Greek restaurant bedecked with clay pots in the East Village.

Have you ever eaten Greek food? Because if you haven't, I highly suggest you drop everything and go try some. For an appetizer we ate saganaki tou merakli (or, three Greek cheeses melted in a clay pot) served with the most delicious slices of pita bread and hummus. It being a Greek restaurant, I'd wanted to order a lamb dish for dinner, but eventually settled on papia psiti me thymarisio meli kai xinomila (or, pan-seared
Before and after our meal, we wandered (hand-in-hand, of course) throughout the East Village. What a fun part of the city! The residents are mostly young and all funky and you literally can find just about anything there, from witches to wedding boutiques. We enjoyed walking in and around a fun little children's shop, as well as a few bookstores. As we passed by the Ukrainian Catholic church, we were tickled by the lovely sticks of pussy willows the elderly Eastern European congregation were holding as they wrapped up what we presumed to be a religious ceremony perhaps involving the Orthodox Easter season. Back at home, we completed the evening with a bowl of black raspberry ice cream and Juno (which is a fabulous movie, by the way).
It was a fantastic evening -- one that could only have been made better by a glowing report from Garrett's babysitters. Unfortunately, because our baby decided he'd dink around in the crib instead of take a solid afternoon nap, we didn't get that glowing report. What a stinker! Luckily Emily and Adam are resilient and aren't letting our cranky child question their current pregnant state -- at least not for too long. (Thanks again, guys...we owe you.)

10 comments:
Happy Anniversary!! What a fabulous date!
Sounds like a sweet date! I love exploring new restaurants!
Happy Anniversary! Wow I can't believe it's been 3 years...going to your reception at the MOA is still a vivid memory for me...and I think that's the last time we saw you...sad :( Sounds like a really fun date!
The "authentic" Greek food I had was in Paris (hey, probably not too far off) and consisted of lamb gyros. Really quite good. Congrats!
Happy Anniversary Lindsay and Blake! How fun that sounds, with REALLY nummy sounding food! I wouldn’t want an earthquake to happen while in that restaurant though! DUCK! The closest to Greek food is at someplace near the Cottonwood area of SLC for a quick lunch with Chris when he worked in that area for a few months.
Happy Anniversary! It sounds like you two had a fabulous evening. Mmmm, Greek food. It's fun that you guys have such a large city to explore - you'll never get bored of date night!
Happy Anniversary! What a fun evening!
Mmmm, Lindsay, my mouth is watering. I love Greek food. We got us some good fried chicken down here, but danged if I can find anything else. Happy Anniversary!
I love Juno. What a great movie! And even better when watched with black raspberry ice cream!
Happy Anniversary! Glad that you had a wonderful date!
Post a Comment