- I no longer only iPod by marriage because I am now the proud owner of a sleek 8 GB Nano.
Blake found an excellent deal on this refurbished iPod and swept it up before I could say no. He spent Saturday teaching me how to use it, and now me and my playlists are pretty much ready to take over the world.- But that's not the only gift I received. My mom sent me two awesome vintage-looking dishtowels that match my kitchen. They're almost too cool to get dirty with actual use, so I think I'll just admire them for a while. Oh, and also, Garrett colored me a Mother's Day picture in nursery. When he's not drawing on walls or other places he's not supposed to, I'm pretty charmed by his ability to put crayons to good use.
- The Primary children sang "I Often Go Walking" during Sacrament Meeting, and they did so very sweetly; I was so proud. Even though the whole affair was pretty much orchestrated by me, under the direction of the bishopric, it still helped to complete the going-to-church part of Mother's Day.
- Other things that made going to church nicer than usual: real roses and slices of cake divvied out to the women. Also, the kids in Primary were remarkably well-behaved, which was especially nice because I was teaching Sharing Time. And perhaps the best thing of all? Blake was able to convince the bishopric to cancel all the before-church leadership meetings, which means he was there to do all the toddler-wrangling on the bus ride to church.
- I suppose I should mention, too, that my own son was a very good boy for his mama. Oh, sure, there were still a couple of spectacular tantrums, but overall he was happy and pleasant. And he decided that this was the weekend he'd stop clinging to me like a little monkey and prefer his dad once in a while. That was probably the greatest gift he could have given me.
- Blake made me dinner and did all the clean up. We ate fajitas, and even though his cooking methods were a little creative, they still tasted delicious.
- Afterwards I had enjoyable conversations with both my own mother and my mother-in-law. I'm so grateful to both of them for the things that they've taught me and the example they've set. They fully support my own efforts as a mother, and I'm not sure what I'd do without either of them.
- Sunday wasn't the only good day. Saturday was pretty darn awesome, too. We dallied around a bit in the morning, waiting to see what the weather would do, and then, deeming the day good enough for an outdoor outing, we went to Prospect Park. First stop was the Botanic Garden to pick Blake up a new bonsai tree (his first one died), and then it was over to the park Zoo, where Garrett pretty much had a heyday. And why shouldn't he? Petting zoos, sea lion feedings, and lots and lots of ducks...by golly, he was in heaven.
Does anyone else out there wish it could be Mother's Day every weekend?
7 comments:
Mother's Day is like having a birthday again. And it just so happened that this year's Mother's Day fell on my half birthday. Woot! It was a lovely day.
So glad you had a nice mother's day. And I'm so jealous of your new ipod. Mine is old and tremendously low on storage on space... I keep having to delete songs to make room for my new ones!
I also had a great day. Maybe we shouldn't shoot for a Mother's Day weekend EVERY week, but at least once a month would be fabulous. Garrett looks like he is growing quickly into a little boy. So cute.
I got to have a fairly peaceful day, the kids kept bickering at bay, nice!
Garrett looks so grown up in those pictures! Glad you had a nice weekend of motherlyness
Mother's Day should definitely be a semi-annual holiday. And cake and roses at church? Wow! What a great ward you have.
Does everyone seriously have Mothers Day's as good as this? It was like a normal day for me except that I got a bedding plant (that I have nowhere to plant) at Church. I am glad that you had a fabulous day, but I think I may have to put Blake in touch with Andrew.
Post a Comment