And they did it yesterday in about 2 hours.
My brother, Riley, and his lovely wife, Chelsea, decided to celebrate their second anniversary with a nine hour layover in New York City. Fun, no?
...Okay, okay, so they're actually celebrating with a two-week-long trip to France. The long layover was just a bonus because it meant they had time to trek from JFK into the city to spend a little time with Garrett and I.
I asked Riley what, if they could only pick one thing, they'd like to do or see most in the city. Chelsea was interested in Central Park; Riley wanted to buy an I [Heart] NY t-shirt. Great, I told them. We could do both at the very same time. I told them to take the A train to meet me at Columbus Circle, and I'd take care of the rest.
Even though 2 hours wasn't nearly as long as any of us would have liked to spend together, it did prove to be enough time to do more than originally anticipated. Not only did they get a short walk through the Park and two new t-shirts to sport, I was able to give them a peek inside FAO Schwarz (where they even got to play on the Big Piano), a few views of the Manhattan temple, and a taste of lamb gyros purchased from a street vendor (a.k.a. "street meat").
We had a very nice time, though I'm pretty sure that, now that they're in Paris, they're having an even better time. (And honestly, I wouldn't blame them a bit.) Merci, Riley and Chelsea, et bon voyage!
4 comments:
I'll be in Paris in 1 1/2 weeks too! Seems to be the season.
Oh, what a wonderful trip! And a wonderful sister you are!
Is it just me or is Riley much taller then I remember? How tall is Chelsea?
I'm not sure how tall Chelsea is, but I believe that Riley's right around 6'4" or so.
Greetings from Paris. We had a blast in NYC!! Thanks for treking with us!
Post a Comment