Turns out we all came home with souvenirs from New Jersey.
Blake brought home really sore Wii arms. He played some pretty intense virtual tennis matches over the weekend.
Lindsay brought back a minor obsession with this song from the Twilight soundtrack. Listen to it; it's pretty catchy.
Garrett brought back a tick near his shoulder, which we discovered while he was in the bath. Despite my many years of Girls Camp, this was my first encounter with a tick, but luckily Blake knew just what to do. We removed it last night, and are now keeping a close eye on the site. Honestly, the last thing I want any of us to have to deal with now or ever is Lyme Disease.
Number Two apparently brought back elbows, which he has been using frequently to sharply poke and tickle me.
10 comments:
Abel got a tick when we visited Brown County in Indiana. He still talks about it - it was a rather dramatic moment for all of us.
You liked Twilight?! I am surprised.
I am surprised, too. I thought the movie version of Twilight was enjoyable, but, honestly, I didn't much care for the book. (I've only read the first one; I haven't been able to find the desire to pick up the others in the series.)
Removing the tick was a pretty dramatic moment for us, too. Definitely not how we were planning to spend our Family Home Evening.
I loved that song too - and the lullaby song was very pretty. I too am shocked about your Twilight enjoyment. I didn't like the movie much, but the music was fantastic.
Those kinds of souvenirs are priceless...well, except perhaps the tick. And that's a great song from Twilight. I really like the entire album.
Oooh, sorry about the tick... scary! Sorry about the elbows too, man those little tykes can cause a lot of discomfort for someone so small ;) Love ya
Cool song; don't remember it from the movie.....but then again I try to block out that monstrosity of a production (sorry--just.didn't.like.it)
Yikes about the tick! In all my years of girls' camp I never got a tick either. And I'd be to scared to try and pull it out of my child.
I was gonna tell you about lyme disease when i read this on your facebook...
I've only gotten ticks off my dog ... not my child (yet ... I'm sure is just a matter of time considering where we live) ... how did you do it? :(
Ugh, ticks are no fun. When we lived in So. IL we had a ton of them around us (there was a forest behind our house) and had to check every time we came inside. The worst part, I think, is finding one and then feeling your skin crawl for the next week or so. I can only imagine finding one on your precious little baby, though - it would definitely freak me out.
Your family's souvenirs are funny, except of course for the tick. Really? A tick?? Scary!! Being the city dweller that I am, I confess that I don't know much about ticks or Lyme Disease. Will you have to take him to the doctor for a test or something or do you have to wait until his skin reacts in some way? Oh, and I agree with you about Twilight. Cool story and all, but I didn't care much for her writing style. The movie and the music is kind of cool, though.
Post a Comment