We enjoyed a lovely weekend. It was so relaxing, in fact, that I didn't snap a single photo while we were there. My apologies for those of you who were hoping for Garden State visuals. That said, however, a few photos were taken, if not by me, then by the paid professionals at Kiddie Kandids. On Friday morning, Colleen helped Garrett and I get to the portrait studio for his first official sitting. Well, I suppose I should say his first official successful sitting. You may recall that we attempted a photo session a few weeks ago with his cousin Henry which ended up being nothing more than a complete disaster because Garrett was so sick. This time my boy had a few smiles up his sleeves, and I'm pleased with the results, scanned here for your enjoyment.
Handsome, boy, don't you think? He seems suddenly much older to me in these pictures, like he's losing his baby look in favor of more chiseled big boy features. It suits him, though.
[Note to Garrett's grandmothers: Your copies will be in the mail this week.]
A few other things we did this weekend:
- I watched Twilight. And I enjoyed it. No one is more surprised by this than me, I assure you.
- Under Colleen's experienced guidance, I worked a little more on my baby quilt.
- Blake helped around the house with a few weekend chores, the highlight of which was the planting of some deer-resistant shrubbery along the front of the house.
- Garrett continued to develop his ability to scream really loud when he's upset and/or wants attention, especially when traveling. I'm currently welcoming any ideas, aside from just ignoring him, which works fairly well at home, but not so much when in public, on how to rid him of this nasty habit.
- We all watched the Northeast Region's stake conference, broadcast via satellite, which means that the Sunday meetings in both Brooklyn and New Jersey were exactly the same . . .unless, of course, the folks in Brooklyn didn't have the same technical difficulty we did and therefore got to actually hear the first 7 minutes or so of Pres. Eyring's talk.


10 comments:
Yay I'm the first to say that Garrett's pictures are ADORABLE! I love the one of him standing, looking so excited just to be alive. And I think your bump is lovely and is still just a bump. Not a beach ball :)
Cute Garrett pictures. And, you are looking great. Also, you are looking barely apparent with child. Very cute!
Garrett is such a beautiful boy. And you look darling pregnant!!!
You are looking good, girl! And Garrett really does look like a big boy. A cute one.
About the screaming, I'm probably going to catch all kinds of flak for this, but sometimes I put my hands (gently) over my daughter's ears when she screams. It, ahem, gives the child a better sense of just how unpleasant their voice is at that volume and frequency.
A shrubbery? One that looks nice and is not too expensive? With a two layer effect and a little path running down the middle?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UbtcmjfKa8
Ni!
You are adorably pregnant. I think you look great. I remember with my second pregnancy, (with the twins) I was wearing maternity clothes at 11 week. 11!! So not fair.
And Garrett is so stinkin adorable. :)
all 3 pictures are adorable. Yes Garret is picture perfect on his portrait and what can I say ... your cute little belly is picture perfect too. So cute!!!!! You should post more pics of you pregnant, you are adorable.
Glad to hear you had a relaxing - away from the cement palace - weekend
What a handsome boy!! Garrett is really becoming such a handsome boy, no longer a baby.
You are adorable pregnant! I wouldn't call you "great with child" but you do look great!!
You both look very cute! Don't know how to stop the screaming though. At a stake conference in Provo one of the parents spoke about how she could stop her children's fits by hugging them. Not sure how that works, and it wouldn't work in a car, but I thought I would throw it out there.
Your little boy is absolutely adorable. I am so jealous!
Post a Comment