Well, Blake iPods. I only iPod by marriage.
Because Blake's company is currently under a hiring and salary freeze, he and his fellow employees can't be awarded pay increases, even though the work load is getting busier and most of them deserve a raise. However, for exceptional work performance, they can be recognized and awarded with prizes. Early last week, Blake earned himself the right to browse around the prize website offering all kinds of gadgets and gizmos you didn't know you needed but somehow suddenly seem so necessary.
Hidden among the all-in-one pocket knifes and extraordinary camping gear was an iPod shuffle and accompanying speaker set. For the last few months, Blake has been itching to join the rest of the world by becoming an iPod owner. Now was his chance. He clicked to own, and a few days later it arrived by mail.
This particular iPod might be bottom-of-the-rung, but Blake loves it. He spent the weekend uploading music to our computer, then downloading it to his Shuffle. He is suddenly looking forward to his long subway commute because he now has something other than fuzzy-sounding overhead announcements and squeaky train wheels to listen to. He is happy, and that makes me happy.
In his excitement, he's become desperate to share the love. "Why don't you get an iPod Nano?" he practically begs me. "Then we could have an iPod with a screen!"
I won't lie; I think it'd be fun to be a part of the iPod Revolution. But one step at a time. (After all, his company is still under that salary freeze.) "Maybe for Christmas," I tell him. In the meantime, I'll let him continue to upload my favorite CDs to iTunes so they'll be there when it's my turn to iPod.
13 comments:
I don't iPod either, but Royce does. He has one of the video-capable iPods, which is actually really nice when we have a long wait somewhere. But that's about all I use it for.
I have to say, our ipod touch is awesome and fun! We did get it for free with our new mac though- when not free, quite expensive.
I use an old 1st gen Shuffle on my way to work. It makes the walk/ride go faster. I don't really want another kind of iPod, other than maybe an iPod Touch, but I really just want that for web access.
We have an iPod nano, but we never use it. I should pull it out when I need a break from kids or something. I don't like to use it when I go running in the mornings because it serves as a distraction from the songs of the birds and the quiet I love when no one is up yet.
I got a shuffle for my birthday last year, and can count on one hand how many times I've used it. I guess it's that I'm really not into any kind of extra noise lately. My oldest has used it way more than me, and mostly to listen to books in MP3 form (thanks to librivox.org) My hubby has one and uses it all the time to listen to General Conference as he travels to work.
I have a nano and the Nike ipod sport kit, which is great to go running with. It tells you your pace, mileage, calories burned, etc. But, other than running, I don't use my ipod a whole lot.
Welcome to the world of "I will be the last to own an ipod." My hubby had an mp3 player (of another brand) before we got married, so I guess I inherited that. It's great for audio books :)
I LOVE my ipod nano. I never thought I'd be a runner, let a lone a runner with earbuds, but I did become that person. The nano made my runs so much more fun! I love it.
Congrats to Blake on his new toy!
We just barely joined the revolution ourselves. I got a used, refurbished i-shuffle for Christmas so I could run with a little something. I'll admitt - it's pretty cool, but I also can't wait to upgrade to one with a screen! Maybe for graduation ....
Sean had an older iPod that was his absolute pride and joy. He saved for it forever and liked it at least as much as our kids. :) Sadly, it bit the dust and won't even turn on. It's not really worth teh repair costs and since we too are under salary/promotion feezes, we will be iPod-less for another little while. Oh, well. Thay are fun though!
I am ipod-less. I guess I just don't care.
I got an Nano as a Christmas present from my company one year, and I've loved it ever since. It helped me lose 30 lbs - I loaded music around 105-120 bpm onto a "move your butt" playlist and walked in tempo with whatever song came on. It was fun and made the time go by quickly. I'd like one with more storage, but until the current one breaks, it's unlikely I'll get another.
Rob loves ipods. We have more ipods than people in the house, though they serve different purposes.
But Robs favorite: downloading General Conference talks. You can also download free educational lectures from itunes. We took the European History course lecture with us while we traveled France. It was fantastic to learn and see all within hours.
Post a Comment