Tuesday, May 20, 2008

first visitors of the summer

I woke up Saturday morning to an email from my old roommate and good friend, Heather. She and her husband of three weeks, Royce, had time to kill before a summer internship started and standby plane tickets and would it be all right if they came to see us in New York? Of course it was all right! So they boarded a plane at noon and by evening they were knocking on our apartment door.

We've spent the last few days whetting their palates to an insider's view of the city, and I like to think that they've enjoyed themselves, though I suppose we won't know for sure until they write up the full report on their blog. We said goodbye this morning as they made their way back into Manhattan to poke their noses into a few museums before heading to the airport. It was fun to have them, and the last-minuteness of the visit added a welcome thrill to our otherwise pretty routine days. Do come and see us again sometime, you two!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Super super jealous! gone are our days of free flights. When I would ask, "what should we do for fhe tonight?" ry would respond, "Paris". How great that you got to see these great friends. wish we could have been there. maybe someday...

melissa @ 1lbr said...

So spontaneous! So fun! (So jealous!? :)

Lyndsie Miles said...

So fun! That was super nice of you!

mcampbell said...

SO fun!

I am also completely jealous. All of those wonderful people in one wonderful place? That is one for the ages. The perfect beginning to what I hope is a great summer for all parties involved.

jeanine said...

So fun! I just saw Heather and Royce on Friday!!

Amy F. P. said...

How fun! What a nice surprise.

Katie said...

I hope someday to knock on your apartment door and have you show me around the city!

What fun!

lori said...

There's something SO FUN about knowing that our friends are hanging out clear across the country!!