Can it really be that you are eleven months old already? It's hard to believe that you've been a part of my life for nearly one whole year! It honestly is getting more and more difficult to remember a time when you weren't.
You keep growing so big and I love it! Each day, it seems, you add more tricks to your repertoire: you wave "hi" and "bye-bye" by grabbing your wrist and opening and closing your fingers; you clap your hands spontaneously and when requested, and you always do it so joyfully; you and your abs of steel can pull your horizontal body into a full sit in one incredibly impressive sit-up-like motion; and with your up-turned hand and impassive look, you motion "uh-oh," "all done," "all gone," and "I don't know." You are still not crawling, but you are as wiggly as ever! You seem to have forgotten how to sit still! I think your intense curiosity will prevent you from sitting in just one place for very much longer.
I am always impressed by how happy you are! I often catch you singing and talking to yourself, and sometimes you even start laughing without being provoked. I love the smile that spreads across your face when Dad or I whisper animal sounds in your ear. I'm tickled by how much other babies -- both those in photos and those you meet in real life -- tickle you. And I think it's sweet how much you love your silky blanket; I love it when you snuggle into it each time I lay you down for sleep. While I understand your fascination with your shoes (velcro is pretty interesting), I still don't get why you think they're so delicious to chew on. You love our visits to the park because you love to be pushed high on the swings, and you love to spend sunny late afternoons with me on the front stoop blowing bubbles.
You seem to have lost an interest in being spoon-fed pureed fruits and veggies and instead you go straight for the finger foods. You love to nibble (which you find especially fun now that you can employ the use of your two bottom teeth), and you love to feed yourself. Your favorite foods, aside from sweet fruits, which I'm sure you will always love, include Cheerios, Goldfish crackers, and graham crackers. You also are eager to try new foods, a trend which I can only hope will continue somewhat into toddlerhood.
Garrett, I love you! I love it when you wrap your arms tightly around my neck and bury your head in my shoulders -- you really do give the most endearing hugs. I hope you never stop sharing those with me.
Love,
Mama
5 comments:
Such a sweet little guy! You are such a good mother!
He sure is a handsome little wiggle wart!
The reason why he is so happy, interested in new things and wiggly-smiley all lovey boy ... it's because of his mommy and his family life! Fun, Calm, Loving environment that you and your husband provide for him.
Congratulations Mommy!
He is a great little guy!
That is a darling picture of Garrett! I'm looking forward to seeing first birthday pictures next month!
i hope I get to meet him someday. he is so stinkin cute!
Post a Comment