Thursday, May 29, 2008

bad combination

Let's do some math, shall we?

beautiful, but hard, wooden floors
one ever-increasingly mobile little boy +
_______________________________
a large, yucky goose egg on the forehead



Poor baby.

Luckily, it seems to look worse than it feels. Either way, it's moments like this that make carpeted flooring seem like a lovely home accessory indeed.

5 comments:

melissa @ 1lbr said...

:( guess carpets are good for something!

Emily said...

Poor kid! Those goose eggs happen even if you do have carpet, though. Occupational hazard of being an increasingly mobile kid, I suppose.

Lyndsie Miles said...

Oh! That looks nice and bluish-purple. You could match his outfits to it for the next few days! J/K We have lots of carpet, but they all seem to find the one hard surface around to hit.

JoEllen said...

Carpets may deter such huge bumps, but hard wood floors are so much easier to keep clean! Especially if your baby is constantly spitting, or puking, or throwing his food on the floor. I feel for Garrett's head though; that looks sore!

PS I love Garrett in this outfit, because we have the same one! It's so manly!

Kelly said...

If I were you Lindsay, I would plan on seeing alot of those for the next 3 years or so. I think Zach had different stages of goose eggs on his head for his entire 2 year old phase. In other words, don't wait for the owies to clear up when you want to go get formal pictures taken. You will wait a long time, mark my words.