Sunday, February 04, 2007

"Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today."

I'm not sure where this cold weather blew in from -- the Arctic? North Dakota? Well, wherever it came from, it's here, and it's having a heyday. Yesterday the temperatures here hovered right around 0 degrees, but bitter 35 mile an hour winds brought the wind chill temperature down to -15. So, so cold. It certainly made for an interesting time trying to run the Saturday errands.

Today's been no different: This morning when I took Blake to church for bishopric meeting, the thermometer in the car read -2, and by the time I joined him at church, the wind was back. I'm surprised that as many people came to church that did because all the local weather forecasters keep telling us to just stay inside next to our heaters until Tuesday when it's supposed to "warm up" to about 12 degrees.

Never fear, though. We've found plenty to keep us busy inside. For example, yesterday we rearranged the furniture in our bedroom and now there's just room enough for a pack-n-play sized crib for the baby. Which is a good thing. Otherwise, it might have had to just sleep in a dresser drawer. I guess it's a good thing that we'll be moving sometime this summer -- two bedrooms are looking more and more to be a real necessity.

3 comments:

AmyJane said...

Ooh...freezing! I'ts um, 65 degrees here. I know.
Also, if you want I can send you my poor college student list of baby necessities. People seem to find it useful. Or they're lying to me. Let me know.

Lindsay said...

Because I feel the strange need to keep you all updated on our bitter weather:

Current temperature: -5 degrees, with a wind chill of -21 degrees. Yikes.

And Amyjane - I would LOVE to see your list of baby necessities. Could you email it to me? You can send it to lindsay23 at gmail .com. Thank you!

Sara said...

A one-room apartment does NOT cut it!!! We can't wait until we move this summer!!! Best of luck with moving and preparing for your little one!