Also, have you seen this movie? Because it is one which you must.

I sat down to watch it yesterday afternoon while Garrett napped and really, really enjoyed it. Based on actual events, it is the story of the spontaneous Christmas Eve truce declared by Scottish, German, and French troops fighting on the front lines during the Great War in 1914. Joyeux Noel is beautifully told, depicted in French, German, as well as a Scottish-brogued English. The carols which bring them together in No Man's Land for Christmas combined with the sweeping orchestral score is alone enough to bring tears, but the unlikely friendships which are formed are by far more compelling. It was a powerful film (with, I should warn you, a few warranted reasons for the PG-13 rating), and a lovely one to curl up to on a quietly stormy afternoon.
5 comments:
I will have to add it to my list!
Yes, and I love it. It's definitely close to the top on my list of good movies to watch again. I saw it at the BYU International Cinema, though, so it was pretty close to a PG rating when I saw it.
Remember when Howie Mandell was on Bobby's World, and he was cool?
Love the Sesame Street skit. I feel a certain kinship with Cookie Monster. :)
I'm glad you reminded me about the movie - I had wanted to see it.
I love Cookie Monster. Howie Mandel also has a hidden camera show that we have been watching lately. It's called "Howie Do it" it's hilarious!
Post a Comment