Wednesday, February 11, 2009

down by the bay

The other day we decided to take advantage of the temperatures which, amazingly, weren't so bitterly wind-chilled -- seriously, it almost felt tropical -- and took a walk down to the bay. Once we arrived there, we let Garrett abandon the stroller in favor of his own two feet. He loved exploring the waterfront and barking at passing dogs. When he wasn't holding my hand as we walked along the promenade, he was bonding with his dad as together they pondered Staten Island in the distance. From my comfortable seat on a bench nearby, I froze their sweet, albeit short-lived, moment together, and as I did so, my memory brought me back to our first family walk to the bay a few days after we moved here.

Isn't it amazing what a year and a half can do to a little boy?

August 2007


February 2009



7 comments:

Claudia said...

Thank God for technology (digital cameras, internet, blogs etc) so we can keep our memories fresh and may be appreciate even more our once-not so long ago-little ones.

I love those special moments. :)

heath said...

A year and a half is not that long either. Your little one is one of my favs.

JoEllen said...

Garrett is such a big boy!! I love the look on his face in the last picture.

Dave said...

He's one of my favs too!!!

Kristie said...

Time flyes doesn't it? Although only the kids change, we stay forever young!

Sarah said...

I'm always amazed how quickly things seem in the far past - just think how different your life is now compared to Aug. 2007!

Garrett is a darling boy. It's always fun to see him growing up.

Emily said...

I love how you said how the weather felt tropical! When we finally ventured out to Spokane Falls the other day is was only 40 degrees but we were taking our coats off and feeling that summer was on the horizon.