1. A sibling will totally rock Garrett's world,
2. But at the same time, a sibling will be very good for him.
Also, for those of you who have only met Garrett through written descriptions, photos, and short videos on this blog, you should be aware that he has a distinct and frequently-surfacing sensitivity that not all toddler boys seem to have. This is especially apparent when he interacts with my friend, Emily's, baby girl, Elizabeth.
When Garrett sees Baby Elizabeth, his voice turns high-pitched and sweet (because apparently that's how you're supposed to talk to little ones, right?). He calls her Baby, and he'll rush to her side when she coos. She is the only person he'll share toys with, and he won't hesitate to play with her tiny toes and pat her head gently to demonstrate his friendship. And when he leans in to give her a kiss (by offering his forehead), it pretty much melts my heart.
This short video was taken about a month ago, but his affection has not wavered. I'd give you the typical disclaimer to completely disregard my obnoxiously high-pitched baby voice, but apparently that's how we're supposed to talk to little ones, right? And besides, you all do it, too, so I'm in good company.
It's moments like these that make me hopeful that the transition from one to two will be more smooth than rocky and confirms for me that Garrett has the potential to be a great big brother.
14 comments:
That's pretty sweet. Yes, I think he'll do just fine!
LOVE THIS SWEET MOMENT and I'm so glad you captured it on camera!!
Lindsay - congratulations!!! It's been a bit since I've had a few moments to see what you were up to...and it was so GREAT to hear (or I should say, read) you are expecting again!
Just a couple of weeks ago Lisa and I were wondering about you and your little family in NYC, trying to guess when we thought you might decide to expand it. We did not have to wonder for long.
You will do great in the big city with two little ones. All of us here in Muncie know that you have always wanted a large family. Well, you are on your way and we could not be happier for you!
Krista
So so cute! Garrett will be a GREAT big brother! Where did he get the forehead thing from? Wall-E? Love you guys.
I just got a little teary. That was ultra sweet.
Also, I've kind of neglected to congratulate you! I'm so happy about Garrett's upgrade to big brother status!
So sweet! Big brothers are so fun.
So here's the plan .. have a little girl and name her Emily. Then he'll be cool with it. :)
I think Garrett will be a wonderful big brother. He really did interact with the darling girl. He'll probably be one of those big brothers who are protective of his little sibling. Cute, cute! And I love that you got this on video!
Looks like he's well on his way to being ready! (BTW, this kind of moment is the only thing that really makes having two TOTALLY worth it. I love seeing them love each other, and giggle and play even without me.)
Sounds like he's ready! What a sweet little boy.
Ok, I'm totally late to the party. Congratulations!
I love the video...sooo sweet of Garret!
Thanks for posting this. He is such a wonderful little guy. I never feel worried when he's around Elizabeth. You guys did a good job. :)
I am so excited that you are expecting #2! Congratulations and we look forward to reading about how the pregnancy goes. Thanks for sharing the video - so adorable! I wish I could be there for little play dates with you and Emily!
Post a Comment