Blake loves museums, Garrett loves animals, and I love my boys, so today my Valentine's and I spent the day at the American Museum of Natural History.
Just as we suspected he would, Garrett pretty much had the time of of life. All those rooms full of all those animals...he was in heaven!
He wandered around the Hall of North American Mammals, the Hall of African Mammals, the Hall of Asian Mammals, and Birds of the World just as any giddy year and a half-year-old animal lover would. The exhibits, with views and railings just his size, were almost more enticing than he could handle. He hopped from window to window -- a blurry mass of movement on my camera -- making his universal animal noise (which, unsurprisingly, sounds an awful lot like his dog bark). He didn't sit in the stroller once during our entire visit, too anxious he was to see everything.
We finished off our Manhattan outing with a pleasant walk through Central Park and a stop at F.A.O. Schwarz, where we nearly had a celebrity run-in (and if we recognized the woman the cameras were following, I'd tell you here, but apparently we haven't been staying current with our gossip magazines).
Happy Valentine's Day, my dears, and thanks for a fun day together!
6 comments:
What a great valentines activity!
Oh, jealous! I LOVE the Natural History Museum. I can't wait to take Little Sal there...
Looks like so much fun!
Oh, I love museums so much! What a fun Valentine's outing!
So, is that the same Museum of Natural History featured in Night at the Museum? It's a favorite movie at our house.
I'm always amazed at how long kids' attention spans can be when it involves something they really love!
I think it is amazing that you can just pick-up and go to the Museum of Natural History--it's like you live in New York or something. But come on, is the Museum of Natural History that much better than the Jar Museum in Muncie? (You really don't have to answer that question).
Post a Comment