*Note: These foods are listed in no particular order and are subject to change at a moment's notice.*
Foods Garrett Will Devour:
cheese (mozzarella and cheddar), bread, tortillas, cookies, grapes, strawberries, chocolate milk, regular milk, raisins, peanut butter & honey sandwiches, meatloaf, crackers, oatmeal, bananas, cold cereal, spaghetti, macaroni and cheese, hot dogs, apples, muffins, pancakes, dipping sauces (ketchup, salad dressings, syrup, etc), beef, pizza, green beans, yogurt
Foods Garrett Has Recently Boycotted:
peaches, pork, eggs, chicken, potatoes, olives, soups, most pasta, salad greens, tomatoes, blueberries, pineapple, oranges, peas, carrots, rice, fish, deli meat, and anything that looks new or too different
The "will eat" list may be longer when I write it out, but it sure doesn't feel like it come meal time. I am amazed that Garrett has the untamed energy that he does.
12 comments:
Oh, the joys of feeding the picky toddler. Just remember--only one tablespoon of each food group a day gives him enough vitamins. (This is what my pediatrician told me when I was stressing out.) That's all. No biggie. He's sure to change his eating habits again next month, or next week. Good luck!
Ah, mothering. I wish it came with a handbook.
Have fun with that! Good thing kids are so fickle!
Amazing how picky kids get. I just hope none of my kids are as picky as I was!
my oldest son when through a phase where he would eat nothing but bananas... so he ate bananas. Once he had seven in one day. I worried about letting him eat that many, but seriously, he wouldn't put anything else in his mouth!! He was fine, and now he eats lots of other things. And he HATES bananas. :)
Oh, feeding times can be so difficult! Time to start pureeing veggies!
Toddler feeding is such a pain. I remember vividly feeling so proud that Patrick would eat ANYTHING, including all vegetables and didn't that just make me a good mom---right up until he turned 18 months old and proceeded to boycott anything that may have at some point grown on a plant or tree, in favor of a strict diet of chocolate milk and fruit snacks. We're STILL trying to add back in fruits and veggies, although it has gotten better lately. Hang in there!
Even as "picky" as Garrett might seem, he still has about 3 times as many foods on his "will eat" list than my kids do. Mine, especially the oldest, is pickier and therefore skinnier than any child I know.
I wish I could tell you that it's just a phase. But, yea, this is why I've decided to boycott cooking
I totally understand that list. Kiara's differs on the day. :) He is adorable!
Wow! He is sensitive to many different tastes! Henry is still up for just one thing. He likes rice cereal but only once in a while. Katie gave me a cookbook for babies and toddlers - it has really good ideas about "hiding" nutritious food in the foods they like. I'll have to show it to you when you come in April!
I don't know why it happens around 18 months, but they just stop eating what you put in front of them! Stinkers!
Post a Comment